New video posted

Ask questions and discuss videos here

Moderator: darwin

darwin
Site Admin

New video posted

Postby darwin » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:27 am

Citywaterman has posted a very nice video on Load Master die setup.

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq5EqRrGelM

motopic

Postby motopic » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Nice video.
I know these are a metric ton of work, and I do appreciate that.

My comments.

When you turn the powder measure 'on', you might want to say so. A newbie, or potential buyer would not know that the measures turns on/off.

If you are not going to narrate, I would suggest just removing any audio tracks. I remember the last video, I was sure you get sued by Sugarland, I think the radio played the whole song.

I would suggest you do narrate, but get your wife to do it.

Pick 2-3 scene wipes and use those. My view is using a diff wipe each time is distracting.

As a user, how exactly do I make the 'sample round'? I know this but a newbie might not. This would make a nice video itself.

This vid should mention after installing the powder measure to check the powder throw weight.

keep them coming.

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:16 pm

I liked it, very well done. motopic is right on with his constructive comments as well.

Citywaterman

Postby Citywaterman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:27 pm

When you turn the powder measure 'on', you might want to say so. A newbie, or potential buyer would not know that the measures turns on/off.

I noticed that after I uploaded the video. You can see that I turned the powder measure on, but I forgot to mention it. Good eye.

If you are not going to narrate, I would suggest just removing any audio tracks. I remember the last video, I was sure you get sued by Sugarland, I think the radio played the whole song.

I really should narrate. It would be a lot easier to follow.

As a user, how exactly do I make the 'sample round'? I know this but a newbie might not. This would make a nice video itself.

Great idea. That would be an straight foward quick video. Would eliminate any confusion of what a "sample round" is.

Pick 2-3 scene wipes and use

Easy enough.

This vid should mention after installing the powder measure to check the powder throw weight.

Another good suggestion. Originally the main idea was just to show the Die set-up only. I added a little more with the powder measure. It all ties in. A complete A to Z reloading video would have to be broken in to several parts. Youtube limits videos to 10 minutes. I couldn't get as much detail as I would have liked in 10 minutes. Great suggestions.

Thanks for the comments.

Citywaterman

motopic

Postby motopic » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Another good suggestion. Originally the main idea was just to show the Die set-up only. I added a little more with the powder measure. It all ties in. A complete A to Z reloading video would have to be broken in to several parts. Youtube limits videos to 10 minutes. I couldn't get as much detail as I would have liked in 10 minutes.

I did not know of the 10min limit.

You are right, the whole process has to be broken up.

What would help is a 'map', maybe a sticky at the top here, of the process.

Each step of the 'map' might reference 1 or more videos.

Looks like you have at least 2 more ideas...

1 how to dial in the first round for bullet seating and crimp.
2 how setup and check a powder measure.

O and I forgot this one. You show twice to use the manufacturers instructions for setting up dies. But you are deviating from the Lee instructs in a few places. I think you need to say these are deviations learned from experience with Lee dies, and the LM. Otherwise, as a newbie, I am going to be terribly confused when I read the directions and it says to turn down the crimp die another half turn.?

Finally, a 3rd idea for a vid is setting up and troubleshooting the priming system. I know I deviate from the Lee instruction on that one too.

Keep them coming, I know its hard work.

Return to “Video discussion and questions”