darwin
Site Admin

Do you have suggestions for new videos?

Postby darwin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:10 pm

Post them here and we'll try to accomodate your requests

rwilson452

video suggestion

Postby rwilson452 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Shots with pretty girls in tight sweaters, or less, working the lever??

JUST KIDDING!
:lol:

ept000

Postby ept000 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:15 am

How about showing us how to lubricate the primer trough to keep primer sliding when they run low? Please!

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:41 am

ept000 wrote:How about showing us how to lubricate the primer trough to keep primer sliding when they run low? Please!

I'll see what Shadowdog says, but I think the idea is to always keep enough primers in the system to apply downward pressure on the ones in the trough.

A shot of powdered graphite would probably do the trick though. I don't know how often you'd have to renew the graphite, though.

ept000

Postby ept000 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Hey Darwin,
Thanks for the reply. The reason I am asking is when I started using my Pro 1000 you could get down to just a few primers and it would still work. But now if the trough is not full right up to the tray, they won't slide. It makes it difficult to add primers. I have been using powdered graphite, but it does not seem to last at all. Any help is always appreciated.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:17 pm

Hmmm, I suppose shaking the trough when it got low would work to get them down far enough to put a new primer tray in. Have you cleaned the troughs out? We found that the primers give off some kind of discharge that turns the inside of the trough yellow. It may not show in different colored troughs. A good scrubbing might help.

ept000

Postby ept000 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:35 pm

I have cleaned it, and I tried rubbing the trough with graphite and a q-tip, but none of the graphite seem to stay around. I have noticed the primer tray cover has developed some discoloration and is slightly rough near the spot where the primers leave the tray and enter the trough. It seems to be a strange combination of the trough being too smooth for the graphite to cling to, and yet too rough for the primers to slide. It's like primer pergatory!

benedict1

Postby benedict1 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:13 am

I am not sure that the Pro1000 priming trough and the LM trough are even made of the same material. Cleaning the LM trough as described with a Q tip is usually sufficient to keep things moving and even with as few as 7-8 primers in the trough it works.

For the Pro1000 I suggest coating a Q tip with Pledge furniture polish and coating the trough thoroughly. Let it dry and then polish with a clean Q tip. That should keep it slick.

Let's try to not mix Pro1000 issues with LM issues. They are completely different animals with the exception of the case feeder and the dies they use. The rest of the parts/operation are really different, I believe.

ept000

Postby ept000 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:50 am

benedict1 wrote:I am not sure that the Pro1000 priming trough and the LM trough are even made of the same material. Cleaning the LM trough as described with a Q tip is usually sufficient to keep things moving and even with as few as 7-8 primers in the trough it works.

For the Pro1000 I suggest coating a Q tip with Pledge furniture polish and coating the trough thoroughly. Let it dry and then polish with a clean Q tip. That should keep it slick.

Let's try to not mix Pro1000 issues with LM issues. They are completely different animals with the exception of the case feeder and the dies they use. The rest of the parts/operation are really different, I believe.

So, should I not ask Pro 1000 questions here?

benedict1

Postby benedict1 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:59 am

ept000 wrote:
benedict1 wrote:I am not sure that the Pro1000 priming trough and the LM trough are even made of the same material. Cleaning the LM trough as described with a Q tip is usually sufficient to keep things moving and even with as few as 7-8 primers in the trough it works.

So, should I not ask Pro 1000 questions here?

That's not the issue--try not to mix topics in threads. This was about suggestions for new videos.

Start a new thread for a Pro1000 question. You are much more likely to get someone to answer you. Your present comments are buried in a thread that doesn't lead anyone to think Pro1000 items are here.

Ask Darwin--maybe he will include a sub-forum for Pro1000 along with the ones there are now. Not a bad idea. There are certainly thousands of them out in the world. :)

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:40 am

Done. Thanks for the idea. Any other forums needed?

Return to “Video discussion and questions”