YOU GUYS ARE GOOD AND BAD!

Ask questions and discuss videos here

Moderator: darwin

Jerry11826

YOU GUYS ARE GOOD AND BAD!

Postby Jerry11826 » Fri May 09, 2008 6:22 am

You guys are good and bad. Good because you helped many reloaders to apreciate the value of the Lee Loadmaster and bad because you have made shooters like me want something they really don't need.

I am an old shooter (61) and bought my first Dillon press (RL 450) from their original ad (late 70's early 80's) in the American Rifleman. Now have three Dillon's, the 450, a 550 and the SDB, plus large and small primer tube fillers and many tool heads, powder dies and powder measures.

You guys have convinced me the Loadmaster is a better press. Not the piece of junk that everyone said it is. I looked at the video of the guy that reloaded the 100 45 ACPs' in 6:37 and said "WOW, where has that been all my life".

I want to buy a Loadmaster so bad I can taste it, but really can't justify junking all the Dillon equipment - This longing is all your fault!

Where were you guys when I needed you?

Keep up the good work - you are performing a valuable service to shooters / reloaders.

Jerry

JohnMcD348

Postby JohnMcD348 » Sat May 10, 2008 10:45 am

Well, you could always get rid of one to make room and help justify the need.... :lol:

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Tue May 13, 2008 10:24 pm

I'll bet you could get a pretty penny out of your Dillon stuff at ebay or the reloading forum at glocktalk.com. I'd hang onto whatever you still use though.

I'm the one that did the video and I have a confession to make. I did a few takes to get 100 in a row without a problem. :D When you go that fast things go wrong. I don't reload anywhere that fast normally and in fact I feed the cases into the shellplate manually. I've had times when I tipped a lot more primers than I'd like to admit.....

How much do you reload? Are you getting a tax rebate?

easyrider604

Postby easyrider604 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:46 pm

I had a 550B. Sold that and got a Loadmaster, Classic Cast Single and a Classic Turret. It was hard deciding to sell my trusty 550B, but my needs changed over the years and my current Lee presses serve me outstandingly well.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 am

Good to hear, Easyrider.

Old 454

Postby Old 454 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:14 am

The Lee Loadmaster is far from the junk press a lot of people say they are, but unfortunatly Lee has made compromises with some of there accesserys.

Bad priming system
Quality control on some things, I have personally gotten a bad set of dies, a FCD that the collet was cross threaded. and I currently have 45 Colt/44 Mag shell plate that the holes the decapped primers are supposed to drop through are to small causing the press to jam with stuck primers, or new primers get stuck befor seating in the case.

If Lee would take a serious look at there problems there having, I think the Lee loadmaster would be second to none

WyrTwister

Postby WyrTwister » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Old 454 wrote:The Lee Loadmaster is far from the junk press a lot of people say they are, but unfortunatly Lee has made compromises with some of there accesserys.

Bad priming system
Quality control on some things, I have personally gotten a bad set of dies, a FCD that the collet was cross threaded. and I currently have 45 Colt/44 Mag shell plate that the holes the decapped primers are supposed to drop through are to small causing the press to jam with stuck primers, or new primers get stuck befor seating in the case.

If Lee would take a serious look at there problems there having, I think the Lee loadmaster would be second to none

I have only used 1 progressive press , the LM .

Perfect , no . Worth what I paid for it , absolutely .

The LM is not for the person that has no mechanical aptitude or can not follow instructions . Or has no patience .

If you get a defective product , call the manufacturer and ask for help . But on the shell plate , I would not bother with sending it in , I would just take a small file and open it up until all was well .

God bless
Wyr

Old 454

Postby Old 454 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:17 am

thats what I plan to do.

And I agree with you the LM does what I need it to do, and I have learned more about the reloading process due to having to tinker with the press.

It was worth the $218 I paid for the press, and would do it again with out hesitation

Return to “Video discussion and questions”