bullet sizing/ human power

Discussions of bullet casting, sizing, etc.

Moderator: darwin

carload9

bullet sizing/ human power

Postby carload9 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:14 am

1)Watch video below: my unit (just like this) will be pedal powered instead of a motor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXbLxgJnBnI

2)Also: l do not have air pressure lube tube up top because l use hitek-supercoat from australia instead of lube.

3)So, they rest is same but mine has chain running dwn to pedals.

4)Heres is example pic below: The lil' square block holding horizontal tube is being made this week for me at machine shop. The square 80/20 structural tubing, l have.

At top of rod-end its a piece of flat bar with two holes, & on other end of rod it is a round disk. You can now see how it actuates below & w/video.

Few more weeks, should be finished.

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:48 am

I've never had the "need for speed" as far as sizing/lubing cast lead bullets, but if I did, this is the way to go.
Good looking setup.

P.S. I recently sold my Star and my 4500 lyman lube/sizer and have gone to the Lee sizers since I only PC my cast lead bullets and the PC serves as the lube. You fellows that handgun shoot are really missing the boat if you're not either Pc'ing or Hitek'ing your cast.

carload9

gm

Postby carload9 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:27 am

yea sparky coatings are the way to go with pistol projectiles. So clean, no smell. Super clean barrels with no lead or copper in them. Hitek is cheap and last long time. You can tell em bout PC'ed.

On the sizer, l just dont want motor. Might could damage something. My pedal chain l can feel and stop if needed but my two hands are free to feedbullets. Or buy a mrbulletfeeder.biz for 285$ for really crazy speeds.

They say size'ed projectiles shoot straighter. Lee and sizing and casting is all one with brass prep. I dont hunt so this is a wonderful pistol world. Plus we enjoy making projectiles and heavy preping of brass.

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Who was it that you bought that smooth sided bullet mold from? Gotta have me one of those for the .380 and one for the 45ACP.

carload9

GM

Postby carload9 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:50 pm

701 -757-4273 mike@harlineindustries. You know who his family is. Made molds all their life. May be best molds in usa.

Yea Gary, remember that u saw it on ebay and told me and l bought it.

Return to “Bullet casting”