Indexing problem caused by a defective "bump" on t

This forum is for links to threads that offer a definitive fix for a specific Load Master problem. Please post each link separately with a portion of a message that describes the problem or fix. If you want to discuss the issues further, please do so in the original threads.

Moderator: darwin

darwin
Site Admin

Indexing problem caused by a defective "bump" on t

Postby darwin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:45 am

http://forums.loadmastervideos.com/foru ... .php?t=663

Anyway you may have no problems at all once you do all the adjustments seen on the forum and do the shell ejector modification, but in my case it took me about a month of tinkering to figure out the indexing was off because the casting of the body of the press was a bit off. I had to file down the part of the press where the indexing flipper is turned at the top of the casting. Without this filing the press would have never of indexed properly and probably the reason why it went back to Lee in the first place.

I'm a tinker and feel that a $150 press including the dies is a good price for a progressive ..........patience and mechanical aptitude took care of the rest of the shortcomings. There are many people, including myself, who have worked out the kinks to the LM and with that said I have had great repeatable success with the two that I own.

Return to “Load Master - Major Fixes”