Case feeder rod adjustment

This forum is for links to threads that offer a definitive fix for a specific Load Master problem. Please post each link separately with a portion of a message that describes the problem or fix. If you want to discuss the issues further, please do so in the original threads.

Moderator: darwin

darwin
Site Admin

Case feeder rod adjustment

Postby darwin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:49 am

http://forums.loadmastervideos.com/foru ... .php?t=225

Turkey, this is how I adjusted mine and it's been flawless in operation (except for an occasional inverted case):
Looking at the end of the square rod, make sure the rod's face, facing the carriers slide surface is squared.
When setting the gap between the slide surface and the rod, use a round pencil instead of a hex pencil. The hex pencil is too small.
Loosen the bottom screw on the crank slider. You may have it set way too tight then use only the bottom screw of the crank slider to adjust the friction AND do this with a FULL tube of brass. The extra weight of the brass on the slider makes a big difference. If you set the friction with only one or two cases, it may not feed properly once the tube is filled (mine didn't).
Finally, go back and again watch ShadowDogs video on setting it up.
It sounds to me though, that you have a very obvious alignment problem going on or the friction is waaaay too tight..
I occasionally lube the square rod with a very light coat of STP which cuts down on the chattering of the crank slider on the square rod.
This procedure has worked very well for me.
Crazylegs

vdsgw

lubeing shaft

Postby vdsgw » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:17 pm

Darwin you have a lot more expericence than I have on the LM but if the 2 adjustment screws on the crank slider are for friction do you lube the square shaft? thanks. also wanted your opion on which unit you prefer since you have tried them all. Dillon 650, LM or Hornady.

WyrTwister

Re: lubeing shaft

Postby WyrTwister » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:07 pm

vdsgw wrote:Darwin you have a lot more expericence than I have on the LM but if the 2 adjustment screws on the crank slider are for friction do you lube the square shaft? thanks. also wanted your opion on which unit you prefer since you have tried them all. Dillon 650, LM or Hornady.

I was lubing the case slider and the track it rides on , with STP oil treatment . I must have touched the square rod ?

The slider that rides the square rod started messing up . I took ( crank ? ) slider apart & the square rod , washed them in warm water & liquid dish soap . Rinsed and then poured rubbing alcohol on them to displace the water . After drying , I put it all back together & everything works normal now .

So , in my experience , no , do not lube it .

God bless
Wyr

Return to “Load Master - Major Fixes”