Easier 9mm case collator fix

This forum is for links to threads that offer a definitive fix for a specific Load Master problem. Please post each link separately with a portion of a message that describes the problem or fix. If you want to discuss the issues further, please do so in the original threads.

Moderator: darwin

magic mike

Case collator hole bushings

Postby magic mike » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi all. New to the forum. I found that a piece of clear flexible vinyl tubing (5/8" OD X 1/2" ID) available at Loews or Home Depot for about $.37/ft works perfectly as a bushing material to decrease the size of the holes in the case collator. Cut four pieces about 3/8" long and press them into the existing holes. They fit perfectly and work great. Easily removed when not needed.

WyrTwister

Re: Case collator hole bushings

Postby WyrTwister » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:23 pm

magic mike wrote:Hi all. New to the forum. I found that a piece of clear flexible vinyl tubing (5/8" OD X 1/2" ID) available at Loews or Home Depot for about $.37/ft works perfectly as a bushing material to decrease the size of the holes in the case collator. Cut four pieces about 3/8" long and press them into the existing holes. They fit perfectly and work great. Easily removed when not needed.

I did not invent the mod , but you can take a penny & dill a hole in the center , about the size of an empty .22 LR brass . Insert the empty brass in the hole in the center , of the top of the collator .

This restricts the size of the 4 holes , enough to do the same thing you are doing with the clear plastic tubing .

Did you cut the tubing the same length as the factory tubing ? And inserted it the whole length ( inside ) the factory tubing ?

God bless
Wyr

WyrTwister

Re: Case collator hole bushings

Postby WyrTwister » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:29 pm

WyrTwister wrote:
magic mike wrote:Hi all. New to the forum. I found that a piece of clear flexible vinyl tubing (5/8" OD X 1/2" ID) available at Loews or Home Depot for about $.37/ft works perfectly as a bushing material to decrease the size of the holes in the case collator. Cut four pieces about 3/8" long and press them into the existing holes. They fit perfectly and work great. Easily removed when not needed.

I did not invent the mod , but you can take a penny & dill a hole in the center , about the size of an empty .22 LR brass . Insert the empty brass in the hole in the center , of the top of the collator .

This restricts the size of the 4 holes , enough to do the same thing you are doing with the clear plastic tubing .

Did you cut the tubing the same length as the factory tubing ? And inserted it the whole length ( inside ) the factory tubing ?

another person took the plastic snap on top of something like a coffee can . Drilled a small hole in the center for a screw . He then marked the centers of the 4 existing holes . Using an empty .45 ACP brass as a " cookie cutter " , he cut 4 corresponding holes .

Finally he secured the " restrictor plate " with a screw in the center hole of the " restrictor plate " and the collator .

God bless
Wyr

magic mike

Postby magic mike » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Just cut four pieces of the tubing about 3/8" long and stick them into the top of the holes in the collator. Nuttin to it. Besides, drilling a hole thru Abe's head gives me the creeps! Ha!

magic mike

myloadm61

Postby myloadm61 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Wyr,
how old are you? :)

Return to “Load Master - Major Fixes”