Case feed rod stabilized

This forum is for links to threads that offer a definitive fix for a specific Load Master problem. Please post each link separately with a portion of a message that describes the problem or fix. If you want to discuss the issues further, please do so in the original threads.

Moderator: darwin

rowe_s

Case feed rod stabilized

Postby rowe_s » Sun May 09, 2010 9:08 pm

This support fastened to the end of the case feed rod eliminated occasional 223 cases tipping, by removing occasional jerk in the system when the crank slider would catch.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Sun May 09, 2010 10:33 pm

That's pretty clever, thanks for sharing it!

Citywaterman

Mirror

Postby Citywaterman » Sun May 09, 2010 11:12 pm

Rowe, do I see a mirror on the left side of your press? If it is, how do you have it angle and how did you attach it? It looks like a nice idea.

Great idea to support the case feed rod. You have a nice set-up.

Citywaterman

rowe_s

Postby rowe_s » Sun May 09, 2010 11:54 pm

Yep, it' a mirror. Just an old bike mirror. Drilled a hole in the bench, and glued it in place.

This is roughly how it looks from where I set.

This is what I watch in it.

These light bars do a good job of lighting up the job for me. (The 26 gr of powder listed on the powder measure proved to be a little too hot. I'm now using 25.5 gr.)

zuke

Postby zuke » Mon May 10, 2010 8:25 am

Now that IS a neat idea!

daboone

Postby daboone » Mon May 10, 2010 10:56 pm

That mirror idea is great! Tomorrow's project! Thanks

WyrTwister

Re: Case feed rod stabilized

Postby WyrTwister » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:13 pm

rowe_s wrote:This support fastened to the end of the case feed rod eliminated occasional 223 cases tipping, by removing occasional jerk in the system when the crank slider would catch.

You have so many mods in the case feeder area , I have no idea where to start , analyzing what each one does ? Way over my head ! :-(

God bless
Wyr

jekemi

Wry, WOW - that's some amazing modifications

Postby jekemi » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Wry: I'm in the process of making modifications to my Case Feeder. I am building an automated case feeder after the basic design of Bearing01. However I don't like the idea of the case tubes moving up and down, the extensive travel of the tubes. So, I am building a mechanism, which is activated by a micro switch. As the case feed sliding piece moves up to the top of its motion, as it normally moves back to receive a case, the limit switch activates a solenoid, which pulls open a nylon slider, dropping a case in the slilding case feed component. I have a .pdf of the mechanism which I'd like to show you. Let me know what you think. http://s1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg605/jekemi/

WyrTwister

Re: Wry, WOW - that's some amazing modifications

Postby WyrTwister » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:19 pm

jekemi wrote:Wry: I'm in the process of making modifications to my Case Feeder. I am building an automated case feeder after the basic design of Bearing01. However I don't like the idea of the case tubes moving up and down, the extensive travel of the tubes. So, I am building a mechanism, which is activated by a micro switch. As the case feed sliding piece moves up to the top of its motion, as it normally moves back to receive a case, the limit switch activates a solenoid, which pulls open a nylon slider, dropping a case in the slilding case feed component. I have a .pdf of the mechanism which I'd like to show you. Let me know what you think. http://s1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg605/jekemi/

Very interesting .

I am way too lazy to do anything like that . :-(

Best of luck with your project . When you finish , please post a video . :-)

God bless
Wyr

Juice

Postby Juice » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 am

This works brilliantly. I have a brand new press, and I was having trouble getting my case inserter to push the case all the way in. Mine isn't as pretty, but it does the trick.

Thanks for a great idea!

mdevers

case inserter issue

Postby mdevers » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:59 am

No matter how much adjusting I do I just can't seem to get the case inserter to push the shell all the way into the shellplate. Has anyone solved this type problem.
Mike

rowe_s

Re: case inserter issue

Postby rowe_s » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:19 pm

mdevers wrote:No matter how much adjusting I do I just can't seem to get the case inserter to push the shell all the way into the shellplate. Has anyone solved this type problem.
Mike

Have you tried to screw the rod mount into the press base another turn? That will move the slider closer to the shell plate.

carload9

push

Postby carload9 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:45 pm

if it would not push it so fast it might be better,,, was at friends house last nite,, his dillon 1050 had a mod to slow how fast brass is shoved onto shell plate. I dont know, Them dang winchesters get me once in a while.

mdevers

Postby mdevers » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Did that..no help. I replaced the screw that increases tension on the thing that slides up and down per Lee. Some help but not enough. Its not consistent. Sometimes the case goes all the way in and next time it may or may not. If I watch for it I can tap the back of the slider and the case will go on in.
Mike

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:19 am

I never did have any luck with the case feeder, so I took it and the case inserter off and threw them away. I just manually place each case into the shellplate. :D

Return to “Load Master - Major Fixes”