Hello from the UK

If you are registering for this forum, post a message here or send an email to load-master@comcast.net and tell me a bit about yourself. I am mainly interested in your interests or experience in firearms and reloading. I just want to filter out people that want to use this forum to spam other members. Thank you.

Moderator: darwin

ovenpaa

Hello from the UK

Postby ovenpaa » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:09 pm

I am a Brit long range shooter married to a Danish long range shooter here in the UK, it is always good to have a wife who shares a hobby as it is someone to share the reloading and mine is certainly passionate about shooting so she usually does all of the powder throwing and I do the rest.

I have a new to me Load Master arriving tomorrow, I was thinking of going for an XL650 and then a couple of days ago someone I know very kindly offered me one they were no longer using which was too good an offer to refuse. With luck I will find some spare time over the weekend to give it a check over, clean and lubricate if needed and then bolt it down to the load bench.

The plan is to load .308 with it however I may add .223 to the list as well. I am a long range shooter so my ammunition is mostly precision loaded however as time is at a premium these days I am curious to see how far I can automate the process and still maintain accurately loaded rounds. I design and build my own gauges so I should be able to confirm just how accurate I can get and the good news is I can also churn out .223 rounds by the hundred.

My plan is to decap then stainless tumble the brass then back on the press to prime and neck size followed by powder which I am not sure about yet as ideally I would throw to 0.1 grains of N540 or similar which is quite a coarse powder. Finally seat the bullet, dies will be a mix of Redding Comp and Forster Ultra seater as they are typically what we use. The powder stage will be interesting and no doubt I will be asking some questions over the next few weeks although it does look like the forum already has a lot of things covered.

David

carload9

bloody cool

Postby carload9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:18 pm

glad your here!

This first vid below is a must from shadowdog500.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=r ... FPefqtth8Y

i have huge mount, u seen before.

Drill out center hole in die plate for flashlite.

ovenpaa

Re: bloody cool

Postby ovenpaa » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:59 pm

That looks like a worthwhile modification. My press is virtually new with no visible wear and after a quick wipe over I screwed it down to my load bench which is very rigid so there is no movement or flexing of the platform during operation. Right now it cycles perfectly with 9mm cases however I want to load for rifles so I will have to order another 5 hole turret and the #2L (.308)# 4S (.223) Shell plates. I need a primer tray as well and then it is ready to go.

Now I just have to wait for the parts to come in...

Return to “Read this if you are registering for membership”