Hello!! New Guy from South Dakota!!

If you are registering for this forum, post a message here or send an email to load-master@comcast.net and tell me a bit about yourself. I am mainly interested in your interests or experience in firearms and reloading. I just want to filter out people that want to use this forum to spam other members. Thank you.

Moderator: darwin

jasonsch

Hello!! New Guy from South Dakota!!

Postby jasonsch » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 am

Hello everyone! I would like to tell you all what a great and helpful site you have here. I have reloaded for my rifle for many, many years with a Lee "whack-it-with-a-plastic-hammer" Classic loader. This year I bought my 1st pistol, a .45 acp, and have figured out that I shoot a LOT more rounds with my pistol and a cartridge like a .45 is a little more difficult to reload with a Classic Loader, with the full length resizing and the taper crimp.
So, I decided to buy a reloading press. I decided on a progressive press. I looked at a Dillon 550 and the Lee Load-Master and decided the Load-Master was a much better deal for the money. I ordered it and got it mounted to the table a couple weeks ago and finally got around to setting it up last night. I also got the Adjustable Charge Bar, the Case Collator, and the Bullet Feeder Kit as well. After opening all the boxes and reading the not so helpful instructions, it was a little overwhelming, to say the least!! I looked on the internet and found this site.
You folks have a wonderful helpful site here! You've helped me out SO much already - saved me from making some mistakes and saved me SO much time in getting it set up. And very good suggestions like "Don't worry about the case feeder and bullet feeder at first", and "Just do 1 round at a time to start with and make sure it's all working properly" -Just common sense stuff that I wouldn't have thought of on my own that have probably saved me a ton of frustration and put me a lot further ahead than if I would of had to figure it all out on my own. Just seeing how it's supposed to work when I've never seen one before was a huge help!
Anyway, just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate all the help! Should be reloading my 1st rounds with it today and am pretty excited about it!! :D And once again, a big "Thank You!!" to you for helping out us "new guys" with this wonderful forum. 8)

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:09 am

Woohoo! Thanks for the kind words. We'll be interesting in hearing how things progress.

I used one of those wack a mole reloaders with .38 Special about 35-40 years ago. I made a table out of plywood and 2x4s with a hole in the top for spent primers.

rowe_s

Postby rowe_s » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:58 am

Welcome, I also started with one of those loaders. I still use the decapper once in a while.

myloadm61

Postby myloadm61 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 am

I used and still have several "whack-a-whackers". Amazing how fast you can load 38 spl with one.

And, welcome aboard!!!

magic mike

Postby magic mike » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:45 am

Welcome Sir. Glad to have you on the forum. Bunch of good folks here.

mike

gnslngr

Postby gnslngr » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Welcome jasonsch!
I too started with one of those hammer required reloaders for my .303 British. And I still have it. Hey, they work.

Return to “Read this if you are registering for membership”