New to the site!

If you are registering for this forum, post a message here or send an email to load-master@comcast.net and tell me a bit about yourself. I am mainly interested in your interests or experience in firearms and reloading. I just want to filter out people that want to use this forum to spam other members. Thank you.

Moderator: darwin

USMCCpl

New to the site!

Postby USMCCpl » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Hello all. New here!

I am in the process of building a workbench/reloading bench. When that is complete I planning on purchasing the lee loadmaster set up for 45 acp, then adding 9mm, 30-30, and who knows from there. I have helped friends reload, I have never used a lee product, but it looks to be what I can afford. I have used a couple of friends 550b's but I cant stand loading primers in the tube, I dont like having to manualy index. So I think lee is the way I am going, think who am I kidding its all I can afford.
Some help and advice on a number of things is what I am here for. First one being why cant I log in on the site with my cell or tablet, nevermind it started working all of the sudden. Second workbench/reloading bench, anyone know of a good place to have one built at a reasonable price? Where can I find benchtops at a reasonable price? Third but not least when I purchase the lee loadmaster what all should I purchase at that time? I know I want the 45 acp, blast shield, the thingy that goes on the top of the case feeder tubes, FCD, universal decapping die, the bench mount thingy, what else?
What is the best advice you gentlemen can give me right out of the gate? I was a diesel mech in the USMC so I can tinker. What are the most used mods, what are the mods u guys use on ur press.
Thank you for your time.

Cpl. Barnhart USMC

carload9

hay

Postby carload9 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:06 pm

hay mc. Go here first : mikesreloadingbench.com

I like heavy steel tables. You can sometime find them salvage.

You can buy press at titanreloading. My last loadmaster came from ebay, then mikes stuff on it. I have 2 llm's. I have a dillon 1050.

Just put this shake brake on loadmaster #2 today. Took couple hours.

I always cover my presses

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:40 am

I have always like this design, but I already had my bench done when I saw it.

It could be built in a closet for those short on space. I thought it would be prefect in a basement, as you could tie the top of it into the floor joists above it.

One change I would make would be to cut grooves into the bench itself to strengthen that. Or double the thickness of the vertical beams below it. And run the vertical beams all of the way to the floor.

http://www.tacticoolproducts.com/bench/

USMCCpl

thanks for the welcome

Postby USMCCpl » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Titan was where I am looking at getting the press. I have to get my benches built first. I want to build 2 benches, 27" to 30" x 60" or 72". I have been using my buddies equipment so I am going to have to get that stuff as well.
Where is a good place to get bench plans?

carload9

yay

Postby carload9 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:49 pm

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... _a5H7Z3h1Q

Hardest part is drilling straight holes.

USMCCpl

Postby USMCCpl » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:33 pm

Cool thanks I found the plans I like. Now I have to find a 27" x 60" x 1.5" butcherblock, maple, or birch at a reasonable price.
Then I can purchase my lee loadmaster. Going for 45 acp, I have alot more brass for 9mm than 45 acp. But I heard alot of people have problems with 9mm on lee. Is this true? What is the fix if so?

carload9

no true

Postby carload9 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:07 pm

I have 2 llm. One for 45 & other 9mm flawless with mm's stuff on both of them.

http://www.mikesreloadingbench.com/

Lots have droped shiped their llm to mike from titan. Awfull affordable.

Mount your table to the wall too. With that & shake brake u can dance on top of your llm.

You cost me lots of money darwin, now l bid on that drill guide.

USMCCpl

Really

Postby USMCCpl » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 pm

So let me get this straight I can ship the loadmaster right to mike and have him do all the mods and then ship it to me when complete. What is that going to run me? So what shellplate do u use for 9mm? So I can order the right one, or should I say the one that works the best.
Thank you all for the advice so far.

carload9

9mm

Postby carload9 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:34 pm

19s Shell plate. We had tried a different one. The 19s will do 9 & 40 just by changing the die head.

Yes, u can, u email mike tomorrow and get started. He will walk ya thru stuff. Go read his site.

gnslngr

Postby gnslngr » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:55 am

Welcome USMCCpl. I see you have already had the initial frontal assault by carload9 and have survived. Good for you.
Keep your head on a swivel. I'm sure there will be more incoming. :lol:

carload9

?

Postby carload9 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:06 am

whats that suppose to mean, darwin and i are helpin. What you have against mm, a fellow texan. We talked about benches and lots of stuff to help him. Whats your problem? Why dont u help him instead of cutting fellow members newbie. You can kiss my @$$ til ya cowboy hat flies off. Got it!

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:57 am

Hey CL; In your picture it looks like you've used the LLM so much that you cracked the floor in your garage, er, reloading Lab. :lol:

carload9

s45

Postby carload9 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:58 am

s45, its a power machine. hehehe.

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:33 pm

You shouldn't have to yank on it that much :lol:

Return to “Read this if you are registering for membership”