Balazar from Colorado

If you are registering for this forum, post a message here or send an email to load-master@comcast.net and tell me a bit about yourself. I am mainly interested in your interests or experience in firearms and reloading. I just want to filter out people that want to use this forum to spam other members. Thank you.

Moderator: darwin

Balazar from Colorado

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:35 am

Hey there everyone. I'm Balazar. I Have a single stage press and I am looking into buying a loadmaster. I like to tinker and this press seems like a good fit for me. I shoot and reload mostly .45acp and .223 but also a little bit of 30.06 and 308. I plan on starting with a .223 loadmaster kit and going from there. When I buy a piece of equipment I usually modify it until it suits my liking. I think this little press has a lot of potential and I look forward to playing with it.

erle

Welcome

Postby erle » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:50 am

Welcome Balazar. You've got it right--the Loadmaster requires a lot of tinkering to get it going & keep it going. I began with a .223 setup & have since added 4 handgun calibers. I did Magic Mikes mods which made it work much smoother for me. I thoroughly enjoy my Loadmaster.

I still use my single stage press for other large rifle calibers.

Good Luck & this forum will help you a lot.

erle

Case Prep.

Postby erle » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:06 pm

Balazar, I meant to mention, in case you haven't already picked it up on this Forum, that Case Preparation is most important for the .223.

You might have a good source of commercial brass, but so much available brass has had crimped primers--even some commercial. Most all of my headaches with loading .223 on the LoadMaster came from cases that had crimped primers originally. I have started swaging or reaming the primer pockets on "ALL" .223 cases that I reload. Since I began doing that, I have very few problems with the primer stage when loading .223 on the LoadMaster.

It really helps to do thorough care preparation on a single stage press before loading .223 on the LoadMaster--inspect; deprime; resize; measure & trim; debur case mouth; swage or ream primer pocket.

Since I have an AR15, I use a separate Small Base Die in the single stage RockChucker for resizing. I never really had any problems with feeding using a regular die, but the SB die just reassures a little smaller case for auto's.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:11 pm

I activated your account. Welcome aboard.

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Welcome from East Tennessee!

magic mike

Postby magic mike » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:05 pm

Welcome to the party!

mike

carload9

Hay

Postby carload9 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:51 pm

Hay iam gunoil on some other web sites.

l had loaded loadmaster for sale! MM stuff all over.

Why play? l quit school because of recess.

rrgramps

Postby rrgramps » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Welcome from the state of Indiana, Balazar. I'm new to this site also, although I have owned my LM since 2005.

Balazar

Thank you

Postby Balazar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Thanks for the tips. I am quite malicious with my brass prep as well. Resize, trim, and ream the primer pockets on all 223/5.56 then wet tumble with stainless steel pins. I just received my load master and I'm going to set it up tonight. I will look into magic Mikes products.

Return to “Read this if you are registering for membership”