Intro from Central IL.

If you are registering for this forum, post a message here or send an email to load-master@comcast.net and tell me a bit about yourself. I am mainly interested in your interests or experience in firearms and reloading. I just want to filter out people that want to use this forum to spam other members. Thank you.

Moderator: darwin

Intro from Central IL.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Hello All,
I've been reloading 45acp on and off since the mid seventies and recently got into reloading for 7.62x39. My fist venture with Lee equipment was a Classic Turret Press which I still use for 45acp. Not long ago I bought a LLM for the 7.62 and have been very happy with it.

All of my adult life has been spent in the machining trades and product development so I knew (from past mistakes) to spend a few days watching YouTube videos and hours examining and tuning the operation of each station. So far so good!

I also cast and powder coat all of my bullets for reloading pistol and rifle. For rifle bullets I made a gas check maker that fits in my Lee turret. While the gas checks don't seem to be absolutely necessary, my AK barrels are always free of leading.

I'm very pleased to have found this forum, I'm learning a lot.
Thank you,
AKshooter

carload9

ok

Postby carload9 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:31 pm

Well just stay here! Glad your here. G.Check idea great and should be. I use hi-tek-supercoat from Jerry & Donnie Miculek. My MM-LLM is running great rite now doing 9mm. I shoot pistol only. Check out mikesreloadingbench.com Good you can get lil' machine shop work done ever so often. Just found a lil mill at estate sale. One day a lil laithe. Dont leave, i'll be rite back.

I cooked these today, bout 1500.

My mmllm.

magic mike

Postby magic mike » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:17 am

Welcome Sir. We are glad to have you.

mike

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Welcome from Eastern Tennessee as we dodge the tornados.

AKshooter

Postby AKshooter » Sat May 03, 2014 10:00 am

Thank you for the welcome guys. It's an honor to be here.
Carload9, good looking bullets! Here's a few from a recent powder coating session-

45acp in round nose, truncated and hollow point. 7.62 with gas checks. All from Lee molds.

carload9

hay

Postby carload9 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:12 am

how bout mailing me a few (45acp 200gr) of em to try, you can try some of my 115gr if ya want! $2.32 in the bubble envelope. USPO. I buy them bubble envelopes at walmart and any discount store. I save and re-use the ones that come in.

AKshooter

Re: hay

Postby AKshooter » Sat May 03, 2014 6:20 pm

carload9 wrote:how bout mailing me a few (45acp 200gr) of em to try, you can try some of my 115gr if ya want! $2.32 in the bubble envelope. USPO. I buy them bubble envelopes at walmart and any discount store. I save and re-use the ones that come in.

The round nose and truncated are 230gn and the hollow points are 220gn. The powder coat adds a couple grains. All are sized to .451
Send me a PM

Return to “Read this if you are registering for membership”