Replacement pieces

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

Manlaan

Replacement pieces

Postby Manlaan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:03 am

I just bought my Loadmaster this weekend (from Kempf Gunshop. Sue was great). It should arrive on Thursday, so obviously I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet.

Since parts tend to get worn out with use, what replacement parts do you think would be a good idea to keep around for this press?

Shadowdog500

Postby Shadowdog500 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:22 pm

The press will come with extras of the most common wear items. These are the primer slider, primer slider arm, and the index flipper. I believe it also comes with an extra primer punch spring. The most common newbie mistake is breaking the powder return chain. If you follow the procedure shown in darwin's or the factory video the chain shouldn't break, but you may want to go to the hardware store and get an extra length of chain just to have around, I did.

If the parts break Lee will usually send you a replacement fro free. THe parts are so inexpensive that sometimes people will buy a few primer sliders just to keep on hand.

Enjoy your new press!

Chris

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:27 pm

Many people go through MANY primer sliders before they get everything sorted out. :(

You'll get a few with the press. Be careful, make sure the primer arm (the piece that slides the primer slider) isn't rubbing on the case retainer (the curved piece that holds the case into the shellplate). Make sure your case retainers are all adjusted correctly. Don't stop the press mid stroke if you can help it, and if you do don't change direction when you start back up. Do all that and I'll bet you won't mangle one primer slider.
:)

Manlaan

Postby Manlaan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:31 am

Thanks for the heads up and info :)

JohnMcD348

Postby JohnMcD348 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:28 pm

I just had to trim up my primer slider last night. It wasn't letting the unit slide, the button was chewing it up. It even oblonged the hole on the feeder so now I have a bit of an oval instead of a circle.

As for the Chain, I just posted a fix I did that cost about $4 from Lowes and about 3 minutes of my time to replace the chain with a slightly stronger one(I think).

I just started looking at my setup and thought that Lee shipped all the LMs with both the large and small primer feeds. I didn't see anything except the slider, spring, another primer slider and some Dillon Blue colored piece. I got my setup for .45ACP from Midway a few months ago and only got it setup and running a couple/three months ago. I bought the Anniversary setup and the LoadMaster at the same time. I was doing strictly single stage on the Anniversary for a few hundred rounds before I moved up to the load master.

Return to “Load Master forum”