Chain Repair, Simple Mod

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

JohnMcD348

Chain Repair, Simple Mod

Postby JohnMcD348 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:24 pm

I'm sure alot of you out there have broken the chain at least once on your LoadMaster. I broke mine just setting it up the first time. I went to Lowes and bought a new chain setup and learned that it was JUST A BIT LARGER THAN ORIGINAL. Just click on the images to see them larger.

30 seconds with a Dremel tool and it was a perfect fit. All the original equipment for the chain assembly work and I ended up with a somewhat stronger chain.

Here's the chain in the Package. It's 6ft total length so there's plenty to go around. #36 ball chain. The size difference is so small that you really can't tell a difference holding the original up to this chain.

I used the smallest Dremel wheel I had. It just barely fit into the holes on the LoadMaster Chain carrier. I used the slowest setting and just ever so gently ran it around the hole. In this case a little does alot so you don't need the High Speed/Low Drag setting on the Dremel to get the job done.

Just run the new chain through as you would the original and you're ready to go.

The original spring and clasp that came with the setup fit and work well with the new chain.

Hope this helps anyone else out there who's broken the chain. Just tryin to give back for all the help this sites been for me.

Thanks
JTMcD

Return to “Load Master forum”