Case feeder mods

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

magic mike

Case feeder mods

Postby magic mike » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello all. I've been fiddling around with my case feeder off and on and as of now it is running really well. I did have some tripping issues with it at first, especially when I got down to the last few cases when loading 9mm. I also wanted to be able to go between 45 acp and 40 S&W without having to make any adjustments to the feeder assembly. The following pictures will show what I did to achieve my goals. I don't load any rifle rounds so I don't know if any of this is of any value to you guys that do but I think it might help the pistol group among us. Thanks, and as always your comments are welcome. Just don't beat me up too bad. :D

mike

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

Blake

Postby Blake » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:17 am

I got that Mike. I'll fix the bump, and give that a try. Makes sense.

llangston1

Postby llangston1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Magic Mike can you offer any specifics on exactly how you made the case slider mods. Just how far back from the edge did you cut the beveled groove in the top of the large slider? One case diameters distance? More or less? How far back did you cut that recess in the bottom of the slider? what sort of tools did you use to make the changes? Dremel tool? hand sanding? Same questions for the small slider. What sort of bump did you cut out? I can't tell from your pictures.

If you have a thread that describes all this feel free to add the link and I will just go there?

Thanks

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:50 pm

Try Mike's website; you can access it from the loadmastervideos start page(the aquamarine colored page). It's practically in the center of the page, and you'll find his slider mod listed on his red screen.

magic mike

Postby magic mike » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:45 am

I really don't think I can explain what I did to the sliders any better than what you can see in the pictures above.

As for tools, I used a 1/2" round file to form the ramp and to remove the cast-in bumps. The underside cuts were done on my drill press using a compound vise and a 1/4" end mill. The bottom cuts are not really necessary. I just did them to allow for more shellplate clearance if I needed it.

mike

Return to “Load Master forum”