Newbee here and don't know what I got myself into.

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:56 pm

rekarstien wrote:I have a stupid question but I am for the most part be reloading 9MM and 45's now over the 100 of hour I have spent on Youtube there were several videos on doing a mod to the shell plate for the 9MM so it sits better in the priming station. My question is why would or could you not use the shell plate for the 380 is there that much difference in the base of the two?

Yeah, I just went back and reacquainted myself with that issue. 9mm will not fit in the 4s shellplate. Something about the rim dimensions as Sparky alluded to.

erle

Postby erle » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:57 am

I tried the mod's but finally went back to the 19s shell plate & have no problem with 9mm. Just be sure to leave the case retainer loose on station 2 so the 9mm case can move out a little to center the primer. Using a sizing die in station 2 without the decapping pin assures the case will center over the primer punch. Since I do case prep (resizing, decapping, primer pocket cleaning) before actually reloading, I do not seat the die in station 2 all the way down.

carload9

new

Postby carload9 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 pm

l do tons of brass prep, luv it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjWaAzrXPDI

Jim_Duncan

Re: Newbee here and don't know what I got myself into.

Postby Jim_Duncan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:02 pm

Wow.... decapping machine extraordinary! Sweetness.

Return to “Load Master forum”