Case feeder bracket

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

Jal5

Case feeder bracket

Postby Jal5 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:21 pm

I have been rehabbing this old LM. The case feeder hangs up hitting the top of the frame. No matter how I try to adjust the two screws on the actuator no good. I tried to adjust the case feeder bracket out a little and noticed that to get the rod 4.5 in. From the press frame I have to back out bracket too far- the threads won't engage the frame. That hole doesn't look too good some PO messed up the threads. One more thing that crank slider rod is bent at the bottom and I have it positioned bend towards the frame.
I can post pics if that will help.

I'm beginning to think that there are more than simply tweaks needed here!

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:43 pm

Lee now sells, or at least Titan Reloading sells a screw/bolt that screws into the side of the LLM which holds the crank slider rod. The newer screw/bolt has longer threads and I had to get them for my LLM's to make the casefeeder work.

magic mike

Postby magic mike » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:47 pm

Purchase a new square rod. They are not supposed to be bent. Purchase a new case feeder bracket as they have a longer stud than the older ones. Take the ram out of the press and using the proper sized drill, finish drilling the hole for the case feeder bracket through the frame of the press being careful not to mess up the existing threads and then tap the hole completely through. Now you can take advantage of the new style feeder bracket. Adjust the case feeder EXACTLY as Lee tells you and it will work just fine. 99% of the time if you encounter chattering or binding of the case feeder it is the under side of the case slider that is causing the problem. Get some DuPont dry film chain lube and use it. It will make your life much better. The case feeder on my press never gives me any trouble and it is set up just as I have described above.

mike

Jal5

Postby Jal5 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:01 am

Thx Mike already got the lube. Will replace those parts too. Joe

prs

Postby prs » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:47 pm

The revised bolt and new rod will be a good thing. Rotating the bent rode 180 degrees might also let you gain a thread on the original bolt and clear the frame too. Worth a try until the parts come in.

prs

Jal5

Postby Jal5 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:07 am

Finally got around to installing new rod, bracket, small case feeder and that made a huge improvement. Got the small tubes setup and have almost got that adjusted right tonite. Ran through 100 9mm and it felt good.

Next part to tackle will be the primer system. I may need some help with that!

DaveInGA

Postby DaveInGA » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:22 am

Jal5 wrote:Finally got around to installing new rod, bracket, small case feeder and that made a huge improvement. Got the small tubes setup and have almost got that adjusted right tonite. Ran through 100 9mm and it felt good.

Next part to tackle will be the primer system. I may need some help with that!

mikesreloadingbench.com will resolve any primer system mods for you. Totally worth it.

Jal5

Postby Jal5 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Thx to all of you for the help so far. Only real problem now is running out of projectiles lead or jacketed! 😀

Return to “Load Master forum”