Primer Cam - Finished Mod

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

Garlydog

Primer Cam - Finished Mod

Postby Garlydog » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:41 pm

This is not my idea, but I am really pleased with how this turned out. I thought about just using a single LED, but I couldn't get the aim quite right to give a clear indication on all the rounds I reload, 380 through 30.06.

In the end, I think the bore scope cam is the best choice for me. Here is the one I purchased on Ebay. If you buy it from an US based reseller, you can get it right away. I have patience, so I ordered it via slow boat...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-7mm-6LED-Wat ... SwnDZUIGxf

Here are some pictures of the finished mod:

Missing Primer

Good Primer

THRASH

Postby THRASH » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:03 am

Excellent mod there Garlydog. Was there any trouble focusing the scope? You could do a primer-scope as well, looking down through the empty sizing die? Hmmm...

I see the hole in your carrier next to the scope, so is that where you tried the LED? I've got the LED on mine and so far works great, it's an extra-bright blue "Superflux" one from Oznium.com, the blue stands out better than red, yellow or white would. It's set in place with pliable duct-seal, and I ran the wire out the bottom of the ram, it's 12v so tapped into the InLine LED press lights, comes on & off with those. Will post shots of it sometime soon.

Garlydog

Postby Garlydog » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:44 pm

Thanks. The scope I bought auto focuses. I was using a standard Led on my first attempt. Super bright would have probably made a big difference.

With cam Looking down at station 2 might be harder to tell if you have a good primer. If you put an Led under, might be a good way to do it.

DOC H

Re: Primer Cam - Finished Mod

Postby DOC H » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:13 pm

HI Garlydog, I'm looking to do a same type endiscope setup . 1st did you use the Chinese software to set up your scope to your computer without any worries? 2nd when you drilled you carrier are you having any problems with it cracking? I really like this mod & want to set my LM up this way because I too am tired of wasting powder & primers

Return to “Load Master forum”