Updated LLM?

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

prs

Updated LLM?

Postby prs » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:08 am

I did not know that there was a revision. New primer trays, that is one thing I never had trouble with; well other than them being round and primer boxes being square -- and even that is not a problem. I am going to Lee site to get edgemunkated.

prs

erle

Postby erle » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:22 am

They are not expensive but I would say "don't waste your money!" Not if you have some of the round ones. New ones are supposed to have a lock that holds primers in tray while inserting, but the latch has to be in just the right spot or they will still spill.

Wish it was a "revision" or an "update" but afraid it's just a cheaper replacement that lacks a lot to be desired.

prs

Postby prs » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:38 pm

I noticed that. The tried and true solution is to drill a small hole in the lid of the round style just above the exit and then either put a small peg in the hole until ready to release or bend a paper clip so that the end goes into the hole to block the passage and the rest of the clip lays under your thumb. Never fails that way.

prs

erle

Postby erle » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:05 pm

prs wrote:I noticed that. The tried and true solution is to drill a small hole in the lid of the round style just above the exit and then either put a small peg in the hole until ready to release or bend a paper clip so that the end goes into the hole to block the passage and the rest of the clip lays under your thumb. Never fails that way.prs

That's exactly what I do. Much prefer it over the nylon folding trays.

Erle

Return to “Load Master forum”