Electronic digital scales

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

DOC H

Electronic digital scales

Postby DOC H » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Hello members of forum. I have been researching digital powder scales on the internet with varying results & reviews, and looking for a GOOD medium price unit that is VERY RELIABLE. TO MANY OPINIONS TO BELIEVE!!! My question is , What do you guys use and recommend? THANKS in advanced for any feedback

DOC H.

websterz

Re: Electronic digital scales

Postby websterz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:17 pm

I don't trust one scale by itself. I have a cheap Hornady branded digital to get in the ballpark when I'm setting up a drum to drop a new charge weight. Then I switch over to my Lee beam scale and throw ten single charges and a ten charge group to double check my average. Haven't blown up a gun yet!

Horseman

Postby Horseman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:33 am

Not sure what you consider "medium priced". I have a couple RCBS ones, a Rangemaster 750 and a 1500 that came with the Chargemaster powder dispenser. Had them for several years and not had any issue with either. I use the 750 a lot. I also have a couple beam scales that I use also. I often check them against each other (all) and use check weights to verify them as well. None seem to be superior to the other, they all work. I have no experience with any other brand powered (digital, electronic, what ever they're called) scale. I would recommend the RCBS Rangemaster 750 without reservation. BUT, (always one of those) I would also recommend a good set of check weights (by good I mean a set with a large range of weights) no matter what kind or brand of scale you choose. Trust but verify.

rowe_s

Postby rowe_s » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:55 am

I use Lyman and Hornady electronic scales, Lyman beam scale. All are very close to each other.

My recommendation is to get an electronic one that will do everything except shine your hubcaps. You will like operating it and in a couple years you will forget what it cost plus you will still like operating it.

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:05 pm

I agree 100% with Steve. Buy once and cry once.

Return to “Load Master forum”