Case Feeder Parts?

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

Danny

Case Feeder Parts?

Postby Danny » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:40 pm

When changing around from, say, various pistol cartridges, rifle cartridges, do any of the parts need changing aside from the specific case slider that is required for that cartridge? I am mostly wondering if the existing tubes and the other parts attached to it are the same across the board.

Thanks,

Danny

rowe_s

Re: Case Feeder Parts?

Postby rowe_s » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:14 am

I keep caliber specific change over parts on hand. Things like the case feeder tubes are double nuted to always install at the same height without adjustment. Makes change overs fast.

WyrTwister

Postby WyrTwister » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:59 am

I think I have all the case feeder cylinders Lee makes .

A - One with a long metal insert ( rifle ? ) .

B - One with a large opening ( pistol ) .

C - One with a small opening ( pistol ) .

I have the short and the tall sliders . I also have a tall slider with a home made wooden " extension " on top for .223 .

God bless
Wyr

Danny

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:11 pm

WyrTwister wrote:I think I have all the case feeder cylinders Lee makes .

A - One with a long metal insert ( rifle ? ) .

B - One with a large opening ( pistol ) .

C - One with a small opening ( pistol ) .

I have the short and the tall sliders . I also have a tall slider with a home made wooden " extension " on top for .223 .

God bless
Wyr

This is the information I was looking for. Thanks. It appears, based on what I already have, I only really need "A", " C", and the short slider and that the rest of the parts are common for all. Maybe once I get the minimun of what is needed, I might make up assemblies that are preset and double nutted for an almost "drop in" fit, as mentioned above, with the assemblies carefully labeled.

Danny

WyrTwister

Postby WyrTwister » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:39 pm

I modded 1 or 2 of the cylinders . I removed the 1/4" x 20 tpi screw that is used to adjust the " height " of the cylinder . I replaced it with a longer screw , so I could use the case feeder with longer / taller cases .

God bless
Wyr

Return to “Load Master forum”