Primer Sliders?

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

Danny

Primer Sliders?

Postby Danny » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:22 pm

In reading this forum over the years, I thought I read where people had bought or somehow had spare primer sliders for the feed troughs. I looked on the Lee and Titan site and did not find any. Have they been discontinued as a spare part?

Danny

erle

Re: Primer Sliders?

Postby erle » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm not familiar with spare primer sliders listed as such from Lee. I'm sure you can call Lee & order some spares on the phone.

You might be thinking about the spare primer sliders that Magic Mike offers for his primer mod. They will not work however unless the mod has been made to the primer trough.

Gillie Dog

Postby Gillie Dog » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:25 am

Years ago Lee did sell various primer trough pieces separately but with the advent of the "3rd generation" trough they went to selling complete assembly only.

Below is quote from their site.

"There was a third generation design change on the primer feeder effective October 27, 2011 eliminating nuisance damage to the primer sliders and trough cover during operation. Formerly the gray cover and trough, now sold as an assembly along with the primer slider, primer lever, 6-32 x 1/4 screw and o-ring. These parts are no longer available individually. This assembly replaces parts: LM3254, LM3253A , LM3253B and LM3251"

GD
Last edited by Gillie Dog on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny

Postby Danny » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Gillie Dog wrote:Years ago Lee did sell various primer trough pieces severalty but with the advent of the "3rd generation" trough they went to selling complete assembly only.

Below is quote from their site.

"There was a third generation design change on the primer feeder effective October 27, 2011 eliminating nuisance damage to the primer sliders and trough cover during operation. Formerly the gray cover and trough, now sold as an assembly along with the primer slider, primer lever, 6-32 x 1/4 screw and o-ring. These parts are no longer available individually. This assembly replaces parts: LM3254, LM3253A , LM3253B and LM3251"

GD

Thanks for the help. I was afraid it was going to be the whole thing or nothing after my fruitless searches.

Danny

Return to “Load Master forum”