Recent 9mm Reloading Results

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

llangston1

Recent 9mm Reloading Results

Postby llangston1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:42 pm

I just finished priming over 400 cases and reloaded 250 rounds of 9mm on my LLM after getting magic Mike's carrier and primer mods. I must say the priming mods really work wonders. I used the auto retract with the rubber band and it worked perfectly. Even without a case present you could see the primer rise up and go back down on top of the primer pin and retract with never a flip or any other problem. heard upon extracting the round from that case had a missed or flipped or sideways primer in the whole batch of 400. I do prime alone on the LLM so I can visually inspect each case before I load powder. The reloading went without any hitches as well other than the occasional upside down case. I used a 9MM sizing die with no recapping pin in station one just to catch the occasional upside down or unsized case. Nothing in station 2, pro auto disk in 3, bullet seat in 4 and FCD in 5. My only concern is I still get a metallic clanging sound upon extracting a completed round from the FCD. The sound is definitely the FCD as I hear nothing from the other dies if nothing is in the FCD. I also use the MM turret stabilizer plate on this 9MM turret. Any ideas as to what might be causing the clanging sound. It is definitely heard only when extractng the round as I lower the ram. Does anyone else hear a similar sound from their FCD. I did use some case lube this time (Hornady one shot in a plastic bag).

Also I am geting a lot of shudder/grabbing of the crank slider as it rides up the angled rod but I have my slider tension screws adjusted so it will correctly feed the cases fully into the shell plate.

I definitely recommend MM carrier and primer system mods.

Sparky45

Re: Recent 9mm Reloading Results

Postby Sparky45 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:03 pm

I think MM's mods are the reason there aren't very many posts on this Forum anymore. Everybody is busy reloading instead of looking for LLM fixes. :mrgreen:

erle

Re: Recent 9mm Reloading Results

Postby erle » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Sparky45 wrote:I think MM's mods are the reason there aren't very many posts on this Forum anymore. Everybody is busy reloading instead of looking for LLM fixes. :mrgreen:

AMEN to that!

Erle

Return to “Load Master forum”