Using the Lee Bullet Feeder

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

llangston1

Using the Lee Bullet Feeder

Postby llangston1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:49 am

Are there any threads on this forum about setting up and using the Lee Bullet Feeder? I tried to search but got a message saying my search terms were not adequate for a search. Not sure how else to search for lee bullet feeder since that is what it is. I found a few youtube videos and got it set up but have not really used it yet. I was looking for any tips and suggestions especially as it applies to 9mm and 45ACP copper plated bullets.

Jim_Duncan

Re: Using the Lee Bullet Feeder

Postby Jim_Duncan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Should have a bullet feeder for .40 tomorrow. Will see what I come up with. No instructions included with the feeder?

llangston1

Postby llangston1 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:27 pm

No there are plenty of instructions from Lee. I was looking for more tips and tricks from forum members who have actually used it like we have on the press itself.

Jim_Duncan

Postby Jim_Duncan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:50 pm

llangston1 wrote:No there are plenty of instructions from Lee. I was looking for more tips and tricks from forum members who have actually used it like we have on the press itself.

I got my feeder today. Hmmm.... I see what you mean now. Instructions are bare bones. My bullets are Missouri Bullets with no lube groove and coated with HiTech2 coating. I think they are just too slippery. Will keep tinkering....

gooffeyguy

Postby gooffeyguy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:34 pm

I've found it works best when flat tipped type bullets are used as opposed to round nose, especially in smaller calibers.

I've had problems sometimes using 9mm round nose, when the fingers take the bullet away and the next one is dropped into position, it tips slightly due to the weight of the bullets above it and the next 5 or 6 bullets come pouring out. Running flat point or semi-wadcutter shaped bullets don't have the problem.

Jim_Duncan

Postby Jim_Duncan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:34 pm

Most of mine are flat points. I have coated and plated bullets. Will see if it's worth the hassle or not. Would like it to work but it will have to be pretty jam up consistent to keep it mounted on the press.

Return to “Load Master forum”