Flipper getting stuck

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy

Postby gooffeyguy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:12 pm

Try screwing flipper in more. They don't come threaded and use the threads on the end of the rod to cut threads into it. Might have to push in on flipper while turning clockwise to get it to thread in

gooffeyguy

Re: Flipper getting stuck

Postby gooffeyguy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:00 pm

The flipper and index rod shouldn't be coming out that far. It shouldn't come out far enough to be past the ramp in the frame like it shows in the first pic

gooffeyguy

Postby gooffeyguy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Is the carrier indexed correctly? When the ram is halfway on the way up and the side of the flipper is next to the area on the frame that pulls it out on the way down, how tight is the clearance between the frame and flipper? I've found it needs to just barely be touching or even have the slightest space between.

Also, when the rod is in this position like you show in the pics, can you back off with the handle a bit and remove the rod easily from the carrier?

Jim_Duncan

Postby Jim_Duncan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:54 pm

Excellent photos! Helps immensely. I can see alot of threads behind that flipper, Octopuss. As Gooffeyguy stated the flipper should not be that far out. I have found that when things get hinky like this recheck the alignment. Slightly pull the IR out on the way UP and snug against the middle of the RAMP. Hold it there while you tighten the ram. Or maybe just leave ever so slight of a space between the round part of the flipper and the ramp. I have found my press likes it up tight against the ramp, but we have to give her what she wants. The flipper should be centered on the kickout bump, not outside it. Your mileage may vary. 8)

Return to “Load Master forum”