LLM CASE FEEDER SHUT OFF

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

DOC H

LLM CASE FEEDER SHUT OFF

Postby DOC H » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 am

Hello Forum, Are there any pictures of ideas on how to stop the flow of cases if you have a problem on your LLM?

Sparky45

Re: LLM CASE FEEDER SHUT OFF

Postby Sparky45 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:21 pm

What I do is use a piece of metal (in my case I use a 6"piece of #12ga copper wire with a L bent in one end) and push the presenting brass back into the feeder tube and then turn the feeder tube column to a position that is half way between the drop position.

websterz

Postby websterz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:23 pm

I usually pop off the collator and just pull the tube that's dropping cases. If you're careful you can slip it out without losing any and just leave one case in the feed carousel that is easily removed with tweezers or needle nosed pliers.

DOC H

Postby DOC H » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Thanks everyone for some good ideas, I got to looking at mine and I found a piece of brass about the exact size of a quarter. I drilled a hole the same size as the threaded rod out to the edge . then I added a 7/16 " nut to drop it down to the bottom of aluminum collar , so it can pivot back & forth to block cases from dropping . just loosen or tighten the extra nut and it's working great. I guess if you stare at it long enough you can figure anything out.

gooffeyguy

Postby gooffeyguy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:25 pm

DOC H wrote:Thanks everyone for some good ideas, I got to looking at mine and I found a piece of brass about the exact size of a quarter. I drilled a hole the same size as the threaded rod out to the edge . then I added a 7/16 " nut to drop it down to the bottom of aluminum collar , so it can pivot back & forth to block cases from dropping . just loosen or tighten the extra nut and it's working great. I guess if you stare at it long enough you can figure anything out.

Very cheap and easy idea, I like it!

I've always just turned the base where the tubes go in so that it is between tubes and then take the case that has dropped down and toss in back up into the collator. Sometimes it requires a bit of a back/forth wiggle of that tube base to get it to turn because it gets hung up on the case which is either sticking up or below a bit where it rotates.

Your idea would appear to work better, and would not be in the way when not in use.

Return to “Load Master forum”