Auto drum

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

Pat C

Auto drum

Postby Pat C » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Any owners of the auto drum might be willing to help with the issue I'm having with the auto drum and the chain thats supposed to reset the disconnector. The chain on some occasions is not resetting the disconnector, if I wasn't paying attention I would of had a squib load. I'm tempted to remove the disconnector entirely but afraid of a double charge. If anyone has some advise it would be greatly appreciated.

tcook

Re: Auto drum

Postby tcook » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:30 pm

I've never used the chain on the Auto Drum. Right out of the box, I removed the disconnector. I look into every case before seating a bullet, and apparently you do, too (good catch on the "no powder" throws!). With that habit ingrained, I'm completely comfortable with the spring return on the Drum.

curlysir

Postby curlysir » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:48 pm

Check the knob that holds in the drum. I had mine too tight and had a similar problem.

websterz

Postby websterz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:13 pm

The spring is quite stout and pushes the case out of the charging die with authority. You'd have to intentionally double charge with the Auto Drum.

Pat C

Postby Pat C » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:55 pm

How do you stop the auto drum from leaking? I tried tightening the drum but still leaks.

websterz

Postby websterz » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:57 am

Pat C wrote:How do you stop the auto drum from leaking? I tried tightening the drum but still leaks.

What powder? I've only run TiteGroup and Promo in mine with zero leakage. The obvious thing would be to try a different drum. Maybe the leaky one has a burr or something that is causing trouble.

bfox

Postby bfox » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:15 am

Did you try emptying and cleaning it ? I am sure a bad one gets out there once in a while .
Do both drums leak ? And I had trouble with the chain , darn beads stripped out the plastic , just switched it over and its been great . Good Luck let us know how it goes .

Return to “Load Master forum”