Auto drum reset issues

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

llangston1

Auto drum reset issues

Postby llangston1 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:06 pm

I am having some issues with my new auto drum powder measure. I have it set up on my LLM and it drops consistent loads but it does not auto reset consistently at all. I removed the silver button and set up the chain according to the instructions but it still doesn't reset every time. About once every other time or maybe every 3 times it does not reset. Sometimes it doesn't correctly reset even if I push down where the chain attaches. If I reach in and manually pull back that long vertical bar till I hear it click then the measure will function every time. Should or can I just remove that entire assembly. It appears that the slot where the chain connects has deformed downward and might not be allowing the chain to pull tight enough. The drum is a PITA if you have to reset it each and every pull.

websterz

Re: Auto drum reset issues

Postby websterz » Mon May 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Ditch the chain. The spring in the Auto Drum ejects cases from the die with such authority that you would have to intentionally double charge. I run them on both of my LLM's and a single stage press. No chains in sight!
Last edited by websterz on Thu May 04, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

llangston1

Postby llangston1 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:58 pm

I finally ditched the chain and reset mechanism and it works fine now. No issues with double charges and definitely no squib loads now.

websterz

Postby websterz » Thu May 04, 2017 5:02 pm

llangston1 wrote:I finally ditched the chain and reset mechanism and it works fine now. No issues with double charges and definitely no squib loads now.

Wise choice!

Return to “Load Master forum”