Case feeder difference

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

Capt. Bob

Case feeder difference

Postby Capt. Bob » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:48 pm

What is different about the large pistol case feed and the small pistol one? I know the hole at the bottom of the exit tube is larger on one than it is on the other. The reason I am asking I have access to another small feeder that I can possibly modify to work with 40 S&W and 45 ACP. I assume that the metal piece that is on the small feeder is not there on the large. Is that correct? Thanks

gooffeyguy

Re: Case feeder difference

Postby gooffeyguy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:58 pm

As far as I know, yes that's the only difference. That small aluminum tube can be removed by disassembling the base of the case feeder via the 1 screw in the middle. There is a spring also if I remember correctly, but after it's apart in the 2 halves (top/bottom), flip the bottom over and tap the tube out.

I don't load .45, but for my .40sw I did this. Eventually I reamed the aluminum tube out so the .40sw case would fit through it and use the tube to help keep the cases from tipping when dropping down.

websterz

Re: Case feeder difference

Postby websterz » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:20 pm

I also reamed out the small feeder to accept .40 S&W cases. Now I don't have to swap feeders between runs of .40 and 9mm. I have a dedicated press for .45.

Return to “Load Master forum”