broke another one...

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

john_bud

broke another one...

Postby john_bud » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Load master carrier. This is the 3rd one I broke. It seems about every 25,000 rounds of 9mm they crack at the lever bolt hole. Sadly, I was demo'ing how great the loadmaster runs and I heard "crack". The primer lifter was wedged and that torqued the system enough to break it. Not as impressive of a demo as I had hoped :oops: .

I also NEED to seat the primers fully. That means 0.006 to 0.008 below flush. Doing that will allow the competition guns to reliably ignite pretty much all brands of primers with a 5# 4oz DA trigger pull. :mrgreen: I'm guessing that the extra hard push to fully seat is a contributing factor.

Oddly enough, LEE no longer lists the carrier body. I had to direct enter the part number, it wasn't "found" with the search feature.

bfox

Re: broke another one...

Postby bfox » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:22 pm

I cracked one before , not sure how many rounds it had . I took a pic and put it on Lee's website . It asked what action I would like to take and I wrote replacement .
In less than a week I had a new one free of charge .They even payed the shipping .
Wasn't expecting that I was pleasantly surprised !

john_bud

Postby john_bud » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Lee Customer Service is good. I'm happy with that. The only real bummer on this is that the press has been running really good. no, better than that. I had run over 2500 rounds without a single primer issue. No tips, no missing, nothing. Now Im hoping the "good mojo" wasn't lost ! lol.

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Broke one myself a while back. Due to to maladjustment of the primer arm. Mea Culpa!

Return to “Load Master forum”