IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT PHOTOS

Questions and discussions and troubleshooting Lee Load Master presses

Moderator: darwin

darwin
Site Admin

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT PHOTOS

Postby darwin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:42 am

Photobucket has restricted my account I use for members here to post photos for the forum. That is why some photos no longer show up in posts and comments in the forums.

The problem is 3rd party hosting, and they want me to upgrade to an account that is FORTY DOLLARS A MONTH! That is about 3 or 4 times as much as I spend to host the website!

So that isn't an option. I don't think the forum software I use allows photos to be uploaded directly to the web site. I only have .83 Mb of room left on my web page, so that doesn't seem like a viable option, either.

I'll check with my provider to see how much it would cost to get more storage room. I already had to split my account for my 3 web pages up to have enough room for my others.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them.

gooffeyguy

Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT PHOTOS

Postby gooffeyguy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:33 pm

I've always just used the web space that comes with my Charter internet package for my home. I'll upload pics to it and just insert the web link in the img tags.

Smugmug is $48/year but don't know how much space you get.

Tinypic is hit or miss. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't

Thumbsnap

Imgur

Postimage

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Just uploaded photos from my personal PB account. Should I not have done that?

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 am

I don't know. There is no harm. Hopefully they won't notice. ALL of the photos in the loadmaster PB account were posted here - what they call third party hosting, which is why it got flagged. Let's see what happens with your photos, if anything. The answer may be for everyone to upload their photos from their own P account.

Fingers crossed

Return to “Load Master forum”