Lee priming system

Questions, troubleshooting and tips relating to Lee turret presses

Moderator: darwin

WyrTwister

Lee priming system

Postby WyrTwister » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:40 pm

The priming system for the cast iron turret press ( Safety Prime ? ) is a great system . Once you learn that you need to adjust the sizing die up or down , so the ram / shell holder height matches the correct height to work with the Lever Prime / Safety Prime combined system .

I think the Safety Prime can also be used on the newer single stage presses ? But I have no experience with that .

God bless
Wyr

Horseman

Postby Horseman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:13 am

Hey Wyr, mucho more better you adjust the primer feed "holder" up or down with a washer and set the sizer die to touch the shellholder as usual..if I read your post correctly..

WyrTwister

Postby WyrTwister » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:17 am

Horseman wrote:Hey Wyr, mucho more better you adjust the primer feed "holder" up or down with a washer and set the sizer die to touch the shellholder as usual..if I read your post correctly..

This is working from memory , so .....

Mine came with a plastic " washer " that I think I pit between the top frame and the " primer assembly holder " ?

IIRC there is enough travel on the ram to all the die to be adjusted up and down , and still allow the shell golder to touch the bottom of the die ?

So , I did both .

God bless
Wyr

prs

Postby prs » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Prolly just lucky, but mine matches-up with die set to jsut make firm contact with shell holder. I like the swystem too and only had initial troubles getting the angle of alignment right in the side to side plane.

PigeonRoost Slim

Return to “Turret presses”