Lee base mount kit.

Questions, troubleshooting and tips relating to Lee turret presses

Moderator: darwin

carload9

Lee base mount kit.

Postby carload9 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:47 am

i purchased lee base mounting kit and gonna mount (weld a mount for the mount) it to top of this stand in garage. Lazy and want to set down and make a few rnds watching tv and or listening to music I'll let ya know how it works. It will be mobile for the clasdic turret.

Hawkmoon

Re: Lee base mount kit.

Postby Hawkmoon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:46 pm

carload9 wrote:i purchased lee base mounting kit and gonna mount (weld a mount for the mount) it to top of this stand in garage. Lazy and want to set down and make a few rnds watching tv and or listening to music I'll let ya know how it works. It will be mobile for the clasdic turret.

I'll be the grinch and rain on your parade. Reloading, IMHO, requires full concentration and full attention on the task. Every experienced reloader I have ever had communications with has always cautioned newbies to NOT be doing anything else when reloading -- not eating, not drinking, not listening to music, not watching television, not trying to carry on a conversation with someone.

To me, setting up in front of the TV in the living room or family room is just asking to make a mistake.

carload9

late

Postby carload9 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:55 pm

your to late, been doing it for a year.. Radio, tv, emails, making videos of loading.

Hawkmoon

Re: late

Postby Hawkmoon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:47 am

carload9 wrote:your to late, been doing it for a year.. Radio, tv, emails, making videos of loading.

It's never too late to start being safe.

WyrTwister

Re: Lee base mount kit.

Postby WyrTwister » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 am

carload9 wrote:i purchased lee base mounting kit and gonna mount (weld a mount for the mount) it to top of this stand in garage. Lazy and want to set down and make a few rnds watching tv and or listening to music I'll let ya know how it works. It will be mobile for the clasdic turret.

I can set in front of the TV & do simple tasks like de-priming , priming , neck / mouth flaring / expanding , etc. in batch operation .

If I am loading " serial " fashion with a turret press or a progressive , no dice .

Maybe listening to music , turned down low ? Definitely not listening to an audio book .

I make mistakes . :-(

God bless
Wyr

carload9

lee classic

Postby carload9 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:32 pm

with bullet feed all u check is powder. All may brass on both lees are decapped and ss washed. Iam not a NASCAR reloader. Iam slow. Ive always listen to music and watched tv, handloading with trays or a classic.. Classic is less mistakes than handloading. Shot 8000 of em , no prob! Oh yea, finished casting 3000 bullets over last few nites listening to music. I have loaded cerial fashion, mostly frosted flakes. You prob have dogs, girlfriends, wife,children, cats,etc. None of that here! When your 60, things are different.

Hawkmoon

Re: lee classic

Postby Hawkmoon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:02 pm

carload9 wrote:When your 60, things are different.

Yeah ... when you're 60 it's even easier to get distracted.

True confessions: That video I made to show my setup for running the Turret Press? After I finished the video and had put up the camera, I removed the powder reservoir from the Autodisk to pour the unused powder back into the jar -- and realized that the valve was closed. Something I NEVER forget to do -- open the valve -- I forgot to do because I was paying attention to making the video.

Man, I HATE taking cartridges apart.

carload9

u lost me

Postby carload9 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 am

what u saying,? your were not checking your powder , u lost me.

you might like this set up, ejector, mrbullet, Exit ramp & Darwin bucket w/fishnet, double riser, And eyes.

daddyseal

Postby daddyseal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:50 am

Yes, that is what he was saying.
He must have the Lee Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure...the one with a round hopper. They have a shut-off, so discs can be changed without powder falling out.
You are using the square Lee Auto-Disk Powder Measure that is very messy if someone does that with it.

But if you fail to rotate the hopper to the open position, no powder comes thru it. A bummer...I've done that too, and had to pop open every powderless round.
Last edited by daddyseal on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

carload9

lil' sister

Postby carload9 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 am

another one.

daddyseal

Postby daddyseal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 am

Right...that's my setup at home, carload9
It has served me well, and so, I have no plans on getting a progressive.

I'm looking forward to getting that RCBS Die Locking Ring Wrench that you told me about...so I can get all those wrenches off my reloading bench.
Last edited by daddyseal on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hawkmoon

Re: u lost me

Postby Hawkmoon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:42 pm

carload9 wrote:what u saying,? your were not checking your powder , u lost me.

Yes, that is what I was saying. And the reason I didn't remember to open the powder dispenser, or to check the powder in the cases, was ... that I allowed myself to be distracted by other thoughts when I was in the process of reloading.

carload9

Postby carload9 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:13 pm

redhead, blonde,?

daddyseal

Postby daddyseal » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:30 pm

carload9 wrote:redhead, blonde,?

My guess it's his brunette wife:
http://static.hdw.eweb4.com/media/thumbs/1/14/132335.jpg

Hawkmoon

Postby Hawkmoon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:05 pm

carload9 wrote:redhead, blonde,?

As stated, I was making a video.

As for my wife -- she changes her hair color so often that I never know who I might come home to on any given day.

Return to “Turret presses”