CCTP/seat/crimp

Questions, troubleshooting and tips relating to Lee turret presses

Moderator: darwin

carload9

CCTP/seat/crimp

Postby carload9 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Ok, boys and girls, since I am hung up on bullet feeders in my CTP i loose a hole,, i have last step (5) in single stage. I bought a dillon 9mm crimp die. I am seating only with seat die.

db-9,sig938,xds45,NAA22magnum,&my carbine

Horseman

Postby Horseman » Wed May 01, 2013 3:16 pm

I've seen several videos on setting up a bullet feeder such as yours. Way cool I'm thinking. May try that on my progressives just for s"s and giggles. Why are you not crimping also with the seating die?? I only reload for revolvers and haven't found a need for a seperate crimp die..I've tried them (Lee) but found no advantage to them for my application...in fact in a couple instances (not all) they are a bit detrimental..

actually, just took a better look at your setup and noticed the Lee bullet feeder part....hadn't seen that used before...could you expand on how you have that setup...I like it...better than a "tube" running up to the ceiling... :D

carload9

yep

Postby carload9 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:03 pm

the lee 4 tube bullet carosel is just setting on a plastic tube. I glued a washer w/slot in one side to the gold thing. The slot holds black plastic carasel from spining.

I have been working with a db-9 in the crimping (dillon crimper) cause it want run much anyway. Your rite, just the seat/crimp is all ya need. Thats what i do with my sig938. I buy some stuff i dont need. I dont like much crimp. I like lee fcd on 45acp for the xds. And i have a dillon crimper for 45.

new base

i keep it wiped down with silicone spray (then wipe off) and eel snot on hard areas. i use eel snot on my pistols from ebay. Hickok45 taught me to clean pistols and my lcctp with alcohol. Then lube.

carload9

change up today

Postby carload9 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:19 pm

switched turret to 380 today. Looks like a circus ride, i just change couple dies. Did pretty good. Workin 9mm on LLM for a while.

Return to “Turret presses”