Resizing high-metal-head hulls

Discussion, question, answers and tips regarding Lee LoadAllshotshell presses

Moderator: darwin

Wittenmeyer

Resizing high-metal-head hulls

Postby Wittenmeyer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:22 pm

Whoops! I discovered after buying a shipment of high-brass-head hulls (what I could find and afford at the time - I know it's a marketing thing) that the resizing die on the shotshell press doesn't completely come off the head when you go to the priming station. I have suggested to Lee company that they make a ring to be used by placing it on top of the priming station that is probably about a quarter-inch high with a smaller ring on the bottom that sinks into the hole on the base and yet provides clearance for the head to slip through. That way, you only use that "high-brass ring" when you need it, and there are no permanent changes to the base itself. I suggested that it would be an extra tool they could make money off of.

In the meantime, I've set up my small vise that is opened just enough to let the partially pushed-out hull slip down, but not enough to let the resizing die slip through and slam it down with a block to save my hand. What's cool is if you center it over the vise adjustment rod, it won't fall out and hit the floor.

Return to “ Lee Load-All II shotshell press”