Mods to my first progressive

For discussion, question and answers regarding Pro 1000 presses

Moderator: darwin

Chickenthief

Mods to my first progressive

Postby Chickenthief » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:27 pm

30+ years on single presses and most all rifle reloading, i got an ammo hugging Colt 1911 so i got tired fast and bought a Pro 1000.
Studied the tube, net and here so i pretty much knew what i had/wanted to do.

Some of the mods are my own as i wanted to run the press differently than Lees setup.

I decap and size in front of the TV (and wet tumble) so station 1 is/was vacant, on the other hand i wanted a seperate seater and crimper as i use brass of all flawors and lengths.
So station 1 is expansion and powder, no place to hook up so i put a small bracket on the shute for the chain.
Station 2 is now bullet dispenser and seating. That wont do as the dispenser is designed to sit in station 3. It was an easy fis as all the hardware could be mirrored without alteration, i only had to grind a small corner of the bracket.
Station 3 is now a FCD

Handle:
I found a piece of round bar in the scrap bin and milled it square (3/4"x3/4"). Drilled two holes and cut threads in one. Next a short piece of tubing/spacer between the lever and the linkage. I milled a flat on the lever as it bothered me that it tended to rotate slightly when i pulled it. Lastly i made a new endcap for the handle as the flimsy piece of formed plate Lee put on, would cut my hand.
The main reason for the mods was that i didnt want the handle to go to low at bottom stroke thus i wanted it to reach in over the bench to compensate.

More to come later.

Dwallace18

Pro 1000 Mods

Postby Dwallace18 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Can you send me a picture of your Powder Measure mod for the 1st station. I want to do the same thing.

Chickenthief

Postby Chickenthief » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:11 pm

Sure mate!

I cut the Z part of the wire and threaded it for a RC clip.

A piece of alu scrap and hey presto i had an angle for the wire at the right place. I used the innards of an electrical connector for the "clamp"

Return to “Pro 1000 discussion”