Getting a Pro 1000 up and running

For discussion, question and answers regarding Pro 1000 presses

Moderator: darwin

Hawkmoon

Getting a Pro 1000 up and running

Postby Hawkmoon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:10 pm

I had a Pro 1000 that came to me as part of a package deal that also brought me a Loadmaster. I have never used the Pro 1000, and I recently gave it to the son-in-law of a friend and fellow NRA instructor. The young man shoots in IDPA competition fairly frequently, and it seemed to me that buying ammo in the amounts needed for frequent competition isn't the best use for a young father's income. My friend and the son-in-law were at my house so I could tune up the kid's 1911, my friend said something about how he hoped to get the kid into reloading "one of these days," so I went into the crawl space and dragged out the Pro 1000 and gave it to him.

It has shell plate holders for both 9mm and .45 ACP. The kid shoots 9mm. It has a case feeder but no collator. No bullet feeder. I dug out a Lee Autodisk powder measure, and my friend bought a set of Lee 9mm dies.

What advice can those with Pro 1000 experience offer in regard to getting this thing up and running smoothly. Are there any tips, tricks, or pitfalls that I should pass along to him?

Return to “Pro 1000 discussion”