New old Pro 1000....

For discussion, question and answers regarding Pro 1000 presses

Moderator: darwin

Trinidad Bill

New old Pro 1000....

Postby Trinidad Bill » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:15 pm

I got my Pro 1000 all cleaned up. Took everything apart and cleaned it. I kind of like the darn thing! It feels tight and positive and works great for one round at a time.

I still have not got the hang of seating the primer on the down stroke. Too many cycles on the LoadMaster! The priming systems does seem to be a lot more stable. A lot less moving parts. However, when something goes haywire, I still have not figured out how to easily getting it cleared (like a primer from an incomplete up stroke!) and back running. You can't just take the shell plate off! And how in the world do you get the primers out of the system? I wound up using a dental hook to move all the primers up the feed tube then stick it in there.

Are there any videos on this site on the Pro 1000? I can see having two or three of these for 9mm, .40 S&w, .357SIG. I am sure there is more pitfalls to run into but in general, I like it.

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:08 am

Bill; on Youtube there is a series of videos by "sanfrancisco liberal with a gun" specifically for the pro 1000. He does a series on completely taking it apart, cleaning, re-assembly and loading for the Pro 1000. Really well done videos.
Gary

kcbrown

Postby kcbrown » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:12 am

Sparky45 wrote:Bill; on Youtube there is a series of videos by "sanfrancisco liberal with a gun" specifically for the pro 1000. He does a series on completely taking it apart, cleaning, re-assembly and loading for the Pro 1000. Really well done videos.
Gary

They are well done. He makes one error during reassembly though, that's somewhat critical: he puts the shellplate indexing screw back incorrectly. He places the head of the screw outside of the shellplate carrier, when it should be inside the shellplate carrier (the carrier keeps the screw from backing out, and the base plate keeps the screw from moving further inwards).

If you follow his instructions on reassembly, keep that in mind.

Trinidad Bill

Postby Trinidad Bill » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks guys. Yea, I used his videos to take the whole darn thing apart, clean it and put it back together again. They were great.

I might suggest we post a link to them on this site. They are worthy.

I was looking for some videos on how to fix some of the everyday issues while using the Pro 1000. Like...

How to get primers out of the system to clear a jam?

How to get a casing in position 2 to check powder drop, without moving primers?

I really would like to understand how the little spring and plastic piece senses whether a casing is present or not... it would be nice to be able to force the sensor to not ready a primer.

The one that gets me is a bad up stroke causing the primer to go in half way. You find out after a powder drop and need to get that casing out. I have yet to find an easy way to do this. Sometimes you find this out after you have pressed in a bullet and the cartridge will not eject because of the primer sticking out.

I am sure the Pro 1000 users have their ways of dealing with all of these issues. I have just not figured it out!

zuke

Postby zuke » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:54 am

One thing I learned with my Pro 1000 and Loadmaster is you HAVE to do full stroke's.
All the way up and then all the way down.
If you short stroke at all something wont be completed or seated properly.

Return to “Pro 1000 discussion”