Bullet Feeding alternative

For discussion, question and answers regarding Pro 1000 presses

Moderator: darwin

chibern

Bullet Feeding alternative

Postby chibern » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Here is how I feed bullets sometimes when loading on the Lee Pro1K. It isn't necessarily faster since you have to line up the bullets beforehand but it does seem to help me maintain a better rhythm and it keeps my hand out of the press.

http://youtu.be/wB6LSkwEWLI (corrected link)

myloadm61

Postby myloadm61 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 pm

chibern, that is pretty creative. I'll bet in the overall picture it is faster to do it that way. It seems like that a lot of the time a little bit of pre-prep saves time in the end.
Anyway, pretty creative and thanks for the post.

mannyCA

Postby mannyCA » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am

I like the light setup to double check powder charges, pretty good idea.

Jumping Frog

Postby Jumping Frog » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:14 am

Why are you concerned about keeping your hand out of the press? Just curious.

chibern

Postby chibern » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Jumping Frog wrote:Why are you concerned about keeping your hand out of the press? Just curious.

Just me being clumsy... Sometimes the case mouth isn't belled enough or something and the bullet tips over so I have to hold the bullet there to the last second while moving the press up. I don't always take my hand away in time :shock: haha

Honestly, I don't use this method much anymore now that I've gotten more familiar with the press. If I could find a way to line up the bullets on the table more quickly then I would keep doing it this way.

Horseman

Postby Horseman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Well I certainly understand your concern when seating bullets. But you can't really call yourself a reloader until you get a couple "half moon" scars on your fingers....by the way, bottleneck rifle on a single stage are the best for acquiring said reloading tats..... :)

Return to “Pro 1000 discussion”