Dillon case lube solved all problems with my press!!!

For discussion, question and answers regarding Pro 1000 presses

Moderator: darwin

javaduke

Dillon case lube solved all problems with my press!!!

Postby javaduke » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:41 pm

I had an issue with my Lee Pro 1000, it was extremely hard to pull the case out of the powder through expanding die, and as a result, the press shaked vigorously, primers were jumping all over the place, bullets were falling out of the bullet feeder and everything was a mess. I polished the die, but it didn't help. The solution was simple - before loading cases into the feeder tube, I applied a few drops of the Dillon case lube to the q-tip and slightly brushed inside and outside of each case. That solved everything and the press now works very smooth, just like a well oiled machine! :)

1911A1

Re: Dillon case lube solved all problems with my press!!!

Postby 1911A1 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:20 am

javaduke wrote:I had an issue with my Lee Pro 1000, it was extremely hard to pull the case out of the powder through expanding die, and as a result, the press shaked vigorously, primers were jumping all over the place, bullets were falling out of the bullet feeder and everything was a mess. I polished the die, but it didn't help. The solution was simple - before loading cases into the feeder tube, I applied a few drops of the Dillon case lube to the q-tip and slightly brushed inside and outside of each case. That solved everything and the press now works very smooth, just like a well oiled machine! :)

That is the one thing Dillon that I actually spend the money on, especially since the store I buy all my reloading stuff from carries it.

Potato Chips

Postby Potato Chips » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm

I've never had a problem with the powder through die sticking. Sure you don't have too much flare? You should barely be able to see it, just enough to get the bullet set.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw your other thread.

Return to “Pro 1000 discussion”