.40 case feeding issues on Pro1000

For discussion, question and answers regarding Pro 1000 presses

Moderator: darwin

The only sarge

.40 case feeding issues on Pro1000

Postby The only sarge » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:53 pm

I have run many a 9mm/.45 ACP on the old lee 1000. So I thought Id run a few .40 calibers versus running them on the old turret press.
The cases would tip/pop/fall over one after the other. I had the large case feeder/bent Z bar and the small case slider. Just like the book/instructions say to do.
Just flat was not working. I took a look. Simple to find the problem. The case that falls onto the slider is "locking" itself into the preceding cases base.
You can adjust height and offset the case until you speak Chinese and it flat does not work.
I need more support on the case in the upper area to "push" it out of the preceding cases "grip".
The large case slider is too tall and the small case slider is too short :)

I took a leftover piece of 1/2" X 1/8" (thick or .125) aluminum bar stock.
Traced out the top of the small case slider with a pencil. Cut it out. Drilled a 3/8" hole where the radius is and finished it with my dremel. Took about 5 minutes. I taped it (rear of the aluminum piece with duct tape) and went to town. Finished 300 rounds with not a single tip/pop nor case falling out. Worked perfectly.
I think I may have paid $4 for a 48" piece of this aluminum stock at Home Depot.
Very simple fix. And it works.
Just sharing and hopefully this may help somebody in the future.

Return to “Pro 1000 discussion”