NEEW "B" W/PRIMER PROBLEMS

For discussion, question and answers regarding Pro 1000 presses

Moderator: darwin

SCOTTCHRISTIAN

NEEW "B" W/PRIMER PROBLEMS

Postby SCOTTCHRISTIAN » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:09 am

Hi folks new guy here, bought my first reloader and its great to learn on is a lee classic 4hole, 1yr later went to cabelas and they did a reset and i got a steel of a life time 3 lee pk1's 38/357, 223, 45acp all for $125.00 brand new never used...haveing problem with fliping primers on the 38/357, tore it apart and cleaned it with a can of air and then lubed it lightly,still flips primers.called midway and got compleat set for bullet feed and all fingers and case feeder lg.,sm.,rifel.,....? :?: :? is how to tell sm, from large prime trough, used .000 steel wool and once yr car polish ...still flips primers......ps would like to see more on this web site.....great videos ...and nice to see folks helping to pay it forward.....also got a lee load all 2 and 1oz slug mold need wad size , powder, info :idea: any help would be nice thankxxxx :)

glock40sw

Postby glock40sw » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:35 pm

G'day.
With the P1K, Check that the wire spring that fits under the shellplate carrier, that lets the new primer through is not installed the wrong way round. A mate had this problem with his new P1K and the wire was installed wrong from the factory. Once he turned it around, no more flipped primers.

These show the wire the WRONG way round.

Hooroo.
Regards, Trevor.
OZ

nicholas

Postby nicholas » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:14 pm

Use powdered graphite to help the primers move down the chute. Keep 30 or more primers in the tray to keep the column of primers moving.

Granules of powder in the priming station will turn primers on their side or upside down. Use a blower of some type to blow powder out. Keep it completely clean.

Colin

Postby Colin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:47 am

Just got my pro 1000 and fighting with the primer system, problem is that if the primer does not go in the case then goes up and dumps powder into the case and through the primer hole (IMR 4320 being the perfect size to do this)into the priming system. It almost seems if the primer trough is sitting a bit lower than the edge of the primer pistol even after the case sensor has been tripped, got frustrated and decided the sledge hammer was to close and left it for tonight.

Sparky45

Postby Sparky45 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:55 am

If you haven't looked at the YouTube videos on the P1K I strongly suggest you do. A guy on there does a complete tear down and assembly of the press(sfliberal I think is the name). Helped me, give it a look.

Colin

Postby Colin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:20 am

Thanks, I have watched SLiberals vids, very useful. I am going to take another look at it now that I have calmed down and put away the sledge hammer. I greatly prefer the loadmaster setup, much easier to pull apart!

Colin

Postby Colin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:31 pm

I got it to work by adding a full load of primers. I had started out with caution using only 10 primers as the trough sort of aims them at you. I have a couple of spare carriers one with a broken trough. I am going to use that to figure a way to improve the angle. It's a pain that you can not easily remove the trough to clear problems. I also recommand some dental picks to remove jammed primers and powder from the area.

Return to “Pro 1000 discussion”