Yet another Lee product.

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

uniquedot

Yet another Lee product.

Postby uniquedot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:07 am

mchasal

Postby mchasal » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:35 am

Kinda neat, but I wonder how stable it is, even with that patio block in there it's a fairly small footprint. If it is reasonably solid, it does look like a decent solution for, as the say, apartment dwellers. Can easily stick the whole thing in a closet.

Jumping Frog

Postby Jumping Frog » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:47 am

I think they missed the boat on this one.

It is a large footprint (for stability), yet too tiny for the top. There is nowhere to place stuff you need, like brass, bullets, loading blocks, etc. right beside the press where you need them.

helg

Postby helg » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:41 am

A wood brick and two C-clamps are cheaper, take less storage space, but need a table. I believe these times it is hard to find a habitat without a table.

prs

Postby prs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:41 pm

IF that thing is Rock of Gibraltar stable, then it could be a viable solution for one of the chief causes of primer jambs that pit falls newbies. Hard to even guess at how many folks have C clamped the LM to the coffee table and then declared it to be junk after getting incessant flips of primers, no primers, and crushed primers. Plus, if your loading area sported a nice table top area, especially where there his table top to your left, right, and at one end - this could be set-up like an "island" in a kitchen and be very convenient. It could also be convenient for a utility press where there is no more room on your counter top for another press.

prs

mchasal

Postby mchasal » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Jumping Frog wrote:I think they missed the boat on this one.

It is a large footprint (for stability), yet too tiny for the top. There is nowhere to place stuff you need, like brass, bullets, loading blocks, etc. right beside the press where you need them.

Well, they do mention:
Each leg has eight mounting holes that allow you to accessorize your stand with a multitude of bins, shelves or accessory die racks. Includes drawing to customize and make your own extended work surface.

And if you're really tight on space, you could just put this next to a kitchen table or counter to hold your supplies, and, I'm assuming, get a more stable mount for the press.

werepyr

Postby werepyr » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:20 am

There is the Frankford Arsenal Portable Reloading Stand for about half that price on midway.

uniquedot

Postby uniquedot » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:36 pm

werepyr wrote:There is the Frankford Arsenal Portable Reloading Stand for about half that price on midway.

The midway stand is a much weaker design , and would not offer stability for a progressive press...seems like only yesterday when midway cataloged that stand for only $29.95, and it stayed in that price range for quite some time.

mchasal

Postby mchasal » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:16 pm

The manual is available and shows how it might look all pimped out:
http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/90688.pdf

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”