Static issues with powder measure.

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

Szumi

Static issues with powder measure.

Postby Szumi » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:02 pm

I have the auto disk measure on my loadmaster. Recently I purchased the adjustable charge bar but I'm noticing a few flakes of powder sticking to it.

I'm trying to remember the cure for this, I know I've read it somewhere before.

What is it?

Thanks,

Szumi

myloadm61

Postby myloadm61 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Wipe it down with a dryer sheet is the cure. Haven't had real good luck with it, but think that was the recommended cure.

Hawkmoon

Postby Hawkmoon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 am

I think that's it. I also lay a sheet of dryer sheet across the top of the powder hopper before I cap it. Dunno if it helps cut "static cling," but it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Szumi

Postby Szumi » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

It seemed to help a bit and as a bonus tonight, I'm going to have 'Linen Fresh' work clothes hot out of the dryer. 8)

daddyseal

Re: Static issues with powder measure.

Postby daddyseal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Szumi wrote:I have the auto disk measure on my loadmaster. Recently I purchased the adjustable charge bar but I'm noticing a few flakes of powder sticking to it.

I'm trying to remember the cure for this, I know I've read it somewhere before.

What is it?
Thanks,
Szumi

First a few flakes aren't anything to worry about, and won't accumulate more. That's hardly a 0.01 of a grain.
Dryer sheets, etc. would be only a temporary fix anyway.

Run a small gauge wire from a mount bolt of your press to ground.
That is far and away the best remedy, friend~
Last edited by daddyseal on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

slwroln

Postby slwroln » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Wash the ACB in handsoap and water and let it air dry. Problem solved

Horseman

Postby Horseman » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:37 pm

As has been said, wash it with soap and water and let dry..take a No.2 pencil and coat the entire top and cavity(of the charge bar) (coat it good) take a piece of paper and wipe it down to kinda smooth and burnish it out...do the same to the base the charge bar rides on..something else to do is to remove the hopper, remove the screws that hold it to the base, remove the screw that holds the hopper on (this is to remove the "wiper"), then take the and lightly sand the bottom of the hopper base, also lightly sand the bottom (feet) on the charge bar, this will give them a "closer" fit, do this on a flat surface....Reinstall all parts, run a full hopper of powder through the measure (open the charge bar as far as it will go and it doesn't take to long) and you should be good to go...

Joakim-G_R

Postby Joakim-G_R » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:02 pm

myloadm61 wrote:Wipe it down with a dryer sheet is the cure. Haven't had real good luck with it, but think that was the recommended cure.

im sorry, im norwegian, what is a dryer sheet?

daddyseal

Postby daddyseal » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Joakim-G_R wrote:
myloadm61 wrote:Wipe it down with a dryer sheet is the cure. Haven't had real good luck with it, but think that was the recommended cure.

T?rker ark er tynn vevd papir ark, som n?r legg til kl?r i rengj?ringsenheten t?rkere, fjern statisk klistrer seg.

daddyseal

Postby daddyseal » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Joakim-G_R wrote:

T?rker ark er tynn vevd papir ark, som n?r legg til kl?r i rengj?ringsenheten t?rkere, fjern statisk klistrer seg.

darwin
Site Admin

Postby darwin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Joakim-G_R wrote:im sorry, im norwegian, what is a dryer sheet?

They are fabric softeners you put in your clothes dryer.

http://www.bouncefresh.com/dryer-sheets/

Joakim-G_R

Postby Joakim-G_R » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Ah! Never seen that before. I have heard that wiping your car seat with fabricsoftener will reduce static electricity if you have problems with that, maybe that will help here too, spaning a cloth with fabric softener and wiping the hopper and chargebar?

daddyseal

Postby daddyseal » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Joakim-G_R wrote:Ah! Never seen that before. I have heard that wiping your car seat with fabricsoftener will reduce static electricity if you have problems with that, maybe that will help here too, spaning a cloth with fabric softener and wiping the hopper and chargebar?

These dryer sheets are thin woven clothe impregnated with fabric softeners and anti static cling agents.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/dryer-sheets.htm

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”