Bulge Buster Heads or Tails?

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

prs

Bulge Buster Heads or Tails?

Postby prs » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:11 pm

For folks using this device, is it best to run the case through mouth first or head first? My pistol cases tend to get shorter as they age so I have been running mine head first to push the material toward the mouth. But, its easier to feed them mouth first. Maybe I should rotate methods.

prs

Jumping Frog

Postby Jumping Frog » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:53 am

Every other reloading die has the case mouth go in first. Bullet sizing dies work similarly. I never spent any time doing bulge buster die, but if I were to do so I would simply follow the same method I use for everything else.

However, that isn't because it is the "right" answer, it is because I would be acting out of habit.

myloadm61

Postby myloadm61 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:56 am

What do the instructions day??

daddyseal

Re: Bulge Buster Heads or Tails?

Postby daddyseal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:27 pm

prs wrote:For folks using this device, is it best to run the case through mouth first or head first? My pistol cases tend to get shorter as they age so I have been running mine head first to push the material toward the mouth. But, its easier to feed them mouth first. Maybe I should rotate methods.

prs

You must be talking about 45 acp cases, they are the only cases that shorten after repeated firing.
You should push thru bulge buster mouth first...the case will length that way too, as they die was designed.
See below:
http://www.titanreloading.com/lee-bulge-buster-kit

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”