breech lock challenger press

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

Horseman

breech lock challenger press

Postby Horseman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:40 pm

i bought one of these kits a couple years ago to get a young friend pf mine into loading rifle rounds...i didn't use it but i did take it out of the box and look at it. i remember thinking at the time that it looked like a pretty nice little press. my friend told some time later he really liked it (he has since also purchased a LCT) well, now i'm thinking of buying one of the kits for myself, thought i would get the one with the hand primer setup as i don"t have one of those...i don't really need a mondo single as i can convert my rcbs ammomaster back to a single stage in about 20 minutes if needed..hence the question for you who own them, long term, still like them, biggest thing i load for nowadays would be 300mag or 45-70 so will it work there...and would you still buy one today...i'm retiring my old pacific "kit" from the 70's and am lookong for a replacment..please excuse the typing, had rotator cuff surgery yesterday hunt and peck off handed is a bugger...but the pain meds are good... :lol:

myloadm61

Postby myloadm61 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 pm

I had one, just sold it, but liked it fine. The only thing that I had a problem with was I broke one of the linkage arms twice. I was using it to swage 223 cases with the rcbs swager that goes in the press. I think it is a little light for heavier work. I did like the breechlock feature and I'm seriously thinking about buying the classic cast breechlock to replace the challenger with. I think the cast one would be better than the alloy challenger. FWIW

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”