Video of Bullet Feeder In Action

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

Blacksamwell

Video of Bullet Feeder In Action

Postby Blacksamwell » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Here's my bullet feeder working flawlessly through two tubes of 45 ACP 200gr LSWC. These bullets have both a commercial blue lube in the groove and I gave them a coat of liquid Xlox.

And just in case Carload9 hasn't figured out how to access the video through Photobucket: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYgbEDPm ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by Blacksamwell on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jbolt

Postby jbolt » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:12 am

Nicely done!

Yup, pretty much how mine works in .357 on my Pro 1k. I've loaded over 8000 rounds with the bullet feeder with very few issues other than the occasional bullet ejection when it gets down to the last few bullets. I only use my own cast bullets and lube.

jbolt

Postby jbolt » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:24 am

Nicely done!

Yup, pretty much how mine works in .357 on my Pro 1k. I've loaded over 8000 rounds with the bullet feeder with very few issues other than the occasional bullet ejection when it gets down to the last few bullets. I only use my own cast bullets and lube.

carload9

no view for some

Postby carload9 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:06 am

BSW, mail your vid to darwin, he will enter it thru the loadmaster forum photobucket account so more can view it. This is hard to view by some or cant view. The op's vid of BF was a youtube, viewable by all. Darwin wrote a post about this, you can find it. THIS FORUM HAS IT OWN PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT.

Blacksamwell

Re: no view for some

Postby Blacksamwell » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:20 pm

carload9 wrote:BSW, mail your vid to darwin, he will enter it thru the loadmaster forum photobucket account so more can view it. This is hard to view by some or cant view. The op's vid of BF was a youtube, viewable by all. Darwin wrote a post about this, you can find it. THIS FORUM HAS IT OWN PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT.

The video and photos I've posted are all through my own photobucket account. Followed the instructions from Darwin exactly.

Since the original post I also uploaded the video to the forum Photobucket account and edited my original post to include the forum Photobucket video link. I get the same results.

When I click the video image my browser opens another tab and navigates to the photobucket account and plays the video. Is that not the way it is supposed to happen?
Last edited by Blacksamwell on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carload9

Bsw

Postby carload9 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:54 pm

If i had seen the vid on my iphone, i would not have wrote. You obviously have not been here long enough to know that all people with different PC's hand held phones, laptops, progams, etc,, are not able to pull everything everyone put up whether it be pics or vids. Myload and others including darwin have chipped in with statements to help others. And no i did not see your vid.

Blacksamwell

Postby Blacksamwell » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:10 am

So anyhow... Does this settle the issue concerning the bullet feeder never working? I figure a video of one working like a well oiled sewing machine and other users chiming in with their own experience of working bullet feeders should put the matter to rest.

Perhaps those who have had a bad experience could share details about what problems they had...? Maybe the forum members and visitors could learn something from the exchange?

carload9

yea

Postby carload9 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:26 am

yea, were glad u put it to rest, even though many could not pull up vid. You'll move on away from it just like rest of us, your a newbie. right! What you should be putting your brain power on is inventing a seat/crimp die. Your idea was spring loaded.

Good vid below, should be visible by all. Go back and read all the past problems on any forum: pulling up the vids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWJ5T-gNBKc

So now invent the seat/crimp, u can. I'll help, i have access to machine shop, just send me ideas.

Blacksamwell

Re: yea

Postby Blacksamwell » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:04 am

carload9 wrote:yea, were glad u put it to rest, even though many could not pull up vid.

How many people did you survey on that issue? I can see from your older posts on the forum that you've consistently had issues seeing the
vids posted to the forum photobucket account. I did confirm with Darwin that my video was posted and linked correctly. Just for you I also provided a link to the video that's posted on youtube. Keep trying, you'll eventually get it figured out.

carload9 wrote:You'll move on away from it just like rest of us,

Unless an alternative method provides distinct advantages, why move away from something that works so well?

carload9 wrote:your a newbie. right!

I don't consider myself a new reloader any longer. After 5000 rounds through the press I'm still open to learning new techniques but I've scaled most of the learning curve.

Reloadingreaper

Postby Reloadingreaper » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:10 am

That's great. I am glad to see your press running so smoothly....I am currently reworking my post mount setup so I eliminate the flex and movement in the press but mine is running just as well. I firmly believe that this is a great machine that need maybe a little more TLC than some others but for a fraction of the price.

Lets keep the good photos and videos and tips coming so we can all get better!

Reaper

carload9

no

Postby carload9 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:19 am

no , what u read ( u got you facetious backwards) was members having trouble seein my post after photobucket changed their policies some months ago. The vids are terrible on photobuckets home page. See, before u were on here, before policy change, i could enter my vids on this forum without looker going to photobucket page. You just touch and look back in those days. Myload use to have a time. Now it all screwed up, i dont post many vids anymore. Ofcourse the youtube vids open.

What about seat/crimp die. Ya think you can figure out. Draw it up i have dies and CNC machine.

Blacksamwell

Re: no

Postby Blacksamwell » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:11 pm

carload9 wrote:no , what u read ( u got you facetious backwards) was members having trouble seein my post after photobucket changed their policies some months ago. The vids are terrible on photobuckets home page. See, before u were on here, before policy change, i could enter my vids on this forum without looker going to photobucket page. You just touch and look back in those days. Myload use to have a time. Now it all screwed up, i dont post many vids anymore. Ofcourse the youtube vids open.

Not according to this thread you started: http://forums.loadmastervideos.com/foru ... php?t=1848

carload9 wrote:all i have is iphone , can seem to pull up "helgp" direction/video for mod (bullet fingers) on lee bullet feed assembly. It is 4 pieces of aluminum. May need adobe! "helgp" is who made youtube vid. Video is also on loadmaster home page at bottom. Anyone know how to pull it up with mac?

It appears you were having difficulty making the forum videos work on your mac. Fortunately no one else appears to have any problems with it and I don't mind providing the additional YouTube link. No worries, I have you covered.

carload9 wrote:What about seat/crimp die. Ya think you can figure out. Draw it up i have dies and CNC machine.

What about it? I have no plans to develop such a die. As things stand, I don't have a need for one. The Lee bullet feeder does not occupy a die station so I'm able to utilize readily available separate seat and crimp dies in stations 4 and 5. I can see how it would be useful for some, but I have no time to develop one.

carload9

ok

Postby carload9 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:20 pm

ok, u can put it on rhe back burner, you might can do it.

Apple aint got nothin to do wid photobucket.

GhostlyOne

Postby GhostlyOne » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:09 pm

I, right now, am having no major issues with making the bullet feeder work. Of course I have only used it on .45 to any great extent. I will continue to use it until it proves itself a PIA if it ever does.

Blacksamwell

Postby Blacksamwell » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:22 am

Loaded 300 more 45 ACP for today's pistol match.

Fed the 200 gr LSWC bullets through the bullet feeder. The feeder dropped one bullet in the process. Otherwise it works great.

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”