Make The PPM Perfect

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

daboone

Make The PPM Perfect

Postby daboone » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Found this article very interesting for PPM users. "How To: Make the LEE "Perfect Powder Measure" Perfect" Much of it has been discussed but it a good read anyway.

http://jconninv.com/HowTo/howto.leePPM.shtml

Last edited by daboone on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motopic

Postby motopic » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:58 pm

I am concerned that with the release of the $$$$ metal cast units, that Lee will discontinue the old, cheap PPM.

daboone

Postby daboone » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:13 pm

motopic wrote:I am concerned that with the release of the $$$$ metal cast units, that Lee will discontinue the old, cheap PPM.

I hope not. By the way I prefer in this case "inexpensive". :lol: Because it really is one of the best measures out there for extruded/stick powders. That said I am on a waiting list for the new Classic PM. I just don't understand why anyone would want the inserts that will be offered later. :?:

Hawkmoon

Postby Hawkmoon » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:50 pm

Interesting.

When I use the PPM instead of the Pro Autodisk, I do exactly the opposite of what the article recommends, in pursuit of the same goal: consistent throws. When I lift the handle to the up (fill) position, I give the base of the handle (the part right next to the center screw) three gentle taps with the tip of my finger, to break up any small bridges. Then when I lower the handle to drop the powder, I give it another three gentle taps.

I'm satisfied with this as a procedure. I load with Winchester 231, and with the routine any charges I weigh don't vary by more than a tenth of a grain, and usually less than that.

Froznone

Postby Froznone » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:43 pm

Sorry, The link daboone provided is not correct.
the correct link is:

daboone

Postby daboone » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Froznone wrote:Sorry, The link daboone provided is not correct.
the correct link is:

Thanks for finding and reporting this update. I just edited that entry/url to update it to .shtml.

Froznone

Postby Froznone » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:15 am

daboone, I notice that link is all over the place. No way to fix all the instances.

I solved the problem by by making the erroneous page redirect to the good one.

Not sure how that link even got out. The .htm files were part of a PHP page server script i was playing with. They were never supposed to be available.

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”