Auto disk leaking badly

This forum is for Lee Precision equipment that does not fit in the other forums

Moderator: darwin

tnmedic

Auto disk leaking badly

Postby tnmedic » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Last time I reloaded 223 on my loadmaster it wasn't bad, I spilled a little powder but I went to set up my dies the other day after a long hiatus from 223. Using my charge bar I was running empties to get an average of what the powder measure was dropping, last time I used it was right at 24.6 grains for 223 with 55 grain fmjbt. It was dropping on average of 21.4 grains and leaking like a sieve. I use AA2230 and the pro auto disk with no mods other than the charge bar from Lee. I can't figure out where its leaking at, if I am getting powder bridging in rifle charging die or the wiper is just letting it run by. Any ideas what I can do to tighten this up or where to check? Anyway thanks for the suggestions, I tried google fu and search fu but they were apparently very weak tonight.

Horseman

Postby Horseman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:01 pm

The charge/return arm in the proper "slot" on the charge bar....the elastomer (sp?) wiper still in place and in good condition.....the charge bar making a FULL cycle to the front over the charging hole.....that's all I can think of.....

daboone

Postby daboone » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:54 am

This conversation would better off in the appropriate "All other Lee Equipment discussion" section. No I'm not a moderator, just saying this because I like this site for all the information posted here but this topic doesn't need to be in LM section.
I'm not trying to be a jerk just trying to help make the site run as laid out.

This thread on another site is about the best I've seen on the Autodisk maintenance and repair, written by Ranch Dog.
http://www.lee-loader.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=974

Terryfromok

Leaking Autodisk

Postby Terryfromok » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Remove the powder hopper. Dump the powder out. Remove the elastomer wiper from the hopper. Thoroughly clean both parts. Put the wiper back in the hopper. Now hold the hopper up so you can see through the dispense hole of the hopper. There probably some light around the elastomer. I fixed mine by wrapping some tape around the wiper to fill the gaps. I hope this helps.

carload9

#2 pencil

Postby carload9 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 am

Big fat # 2 capenters pencil, rub it over everything.

WyrTwister

Postby WyrTwister » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:52 am

I have used the pro disk measure for years . Works well with flake or extruded powder . Not so well with ball powder . The finer the ball powder , the more it leaks .

As has been discussed , the rubber bushing may need to be replaced .

There are some mods that can be made that seem to help , but it has been a long time since I tinkered with it & can not remember . :-(

Keep looking for them . The 2 acorn nuts need to be as tight as you can get them & still allow the disk to move sufficiently .

By the way , I use AA # 2200 for .223 . it is a ball powder , also .

God bless
Wyr

Return to “All other Lee Equipment discussion”